Walden 11 Richard

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
treweman
Art Expert

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:56 pm

love to hear from the artists ... thanks Jeff ... an art print version :drool: ... a new ISO ...
Kdh12
Art Freak

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:59 pm

at first I was bummed to hear about art print edition but it has a small run most which won't be for sale
mmmm Beer :pint:
Santelope
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Kdh12 wrote:at first I was bummed to hear about art print edition but it has a small run most which won't be for sale
I think it's nice he has some for friends and family too. And helps his own on sale qty plus the show remainder. Give more people a better chance to have this in their collection.

(can't wait to see his other new print)
woodyland
Art Expert

Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks for the info JC. I wish I would have not been so excited to see your print & paused to take in all the variants. I'm happy w/my Yellow Sky & FYI, this will be professionally matted & framed & proudly displayed in the family room. It's right up there w/my favorite pieces of my collection. :notworthy:
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
hirschy75
Art Expert

Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:56 pm

Damn I wish I would have known about the art print version :(
reminder: ink on paper
alngtheway
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:00 pm

hirschy75 wrote:Damn I wish I would have known about the art print version :(

I'll happily take your regular off your hands so it doesn't hurt you every time you look at it :)
smokeycat
Art Expert

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:04 pm

treweman wrote:love to hear from the artists ... thanks Jeff ... an art print version :drool: ... a new ISO ...
:clap:
ImageImageImage
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:56 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
thebends9 wrote:True but with a run of 65, how many does the artist have to sell?
maybe he takes the same approach to APs as Josh Budich!!!

You never know...
I'll stop that before it spreads. He does nothing like Budich, and I don't think he actually gets any AP copies. I could very well be wrong but in speaking with JC he told me last week that he would have less than 20 copies. Never mentioned anything about the variants so that could only be from the gallery.
well, I was close... :D

(I know, I know, not quite the same thing...)
pewter14
EB Team

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:27 pm

All ...

Based on the comments by the artist on the last page, I have updated the listing.

Please note, what was previously called "Fall" edition of 4 and in 2 people's collections is now called "Cream". This was the edition of 4 released by Gallery 1988.

The Yellow Sky edition remained Yellow Sky, edition of 10 and released by G1988 as well.

There are two more editions added (don't think they've been released yet): Late Fall edition of 10 and Blank Sky edition of 4.

The Art Print will get its own listing when its released.

If there are any issues, please post them in the EB Corrections thread ---- HERE
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
automator
Nobody

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:23 am

New image Walden 11 Richard
Late Fall and Regular Editions Comparison Pics (Late Fall On Left)

automator
Nobody

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:24 am

New image Walden 11 Richard
Jpeg Detail (from http://microcosmicmedia.blogspot.com/)

microcosmicmedia
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:34 am

Hi guys, here's some fun 'walden' print trivia before i collapse:

--titles were done using the author's script.. good signature reference was pretty easy to get, but for the 'walden' text i had to scour many journal entries to find legible examples of the title (he was surprisingly inconsistent in style); in the end I 'massaged' the characters a bit in order to ensure it would be easy to read (hope the thoreau society forgives me!)
-the figure is holding a journal and pencil, things the author himself was rarely without (near the end he had filled an almost ridiculous amount of notebooks and journals with writings/survey work). He even had a close connection to the implement he wrote with, as the Thoreau 'family brand' was pencils. They basically invented the modern version, coming up with a way of adding clay to less-desirable new england graphite to make it more durable ie 'smudge-proof', and hence more practical.
--the 'storm' taking over the bluer sky could be the weather, could be symbolic of the coming industrial 'cloud' on the horizon, but it could also be more mundane-- the billowing "clouds" from the trains that passed daily not far from Thoreau's cove (the tracks are still there). He complains about it, yet ironically often used it to get to and from the concord area (very 'modern' of him don't ya think?)
--imo one of the more subtle themes of Walden is loss, and thoreau is pretty cryptic when he addresses his own personal losses. The symbols of the horse, hound and dove were taken to symbolize his own losses or regrets, and one of them makes an appearance in the print, well out of his reach... felt this was important since although the majority of the book reads like a determined statement, there's also a good amount of personal angst and frustration on display, manifesting itself in all sorts of ways through his writing
Kdh12 wrote:at first I was bummed to hear about art print edition but it has a small run most which won't be for sale
I hope most people look at it this way.. initially I didn't intend to make any of the art prints available for online sales, then I realized how few show prints I'd have to offer vs. the amt. of people emailing/messaging asking if I can spare a copy
clem99
EB Team

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:53 am

would it be fair to state that in another time this image would have been simply printed up as a giclee, printing an image that looks extremely photo realistic to me in silk screen form, winner winner chicken dinner, congrats big time JC,
art is the only justification for pain :)
federer
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:56 am

hirschy75 wrote:Damn I wish I would have known about the art print version :(
Well its not so difficult you can get awareness about it.
barrettrhoades
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:04 am

Great work Jeff. I am really digging what you have been putting out recently. I am definately going to try and get one when they go up on your site.

Thanks for the heads up!
ImageImageImage