Walden 11 Richard

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
woodyland
Art Expert

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Santelope wrote:
woodyland wrote:
Santelope wrote:Love how a few people in this thread hyping the print and how much they want one already sold one, or are trying to. :roll:
Who? Who's hyping the print AND want one AND has already sold one OR is trying to sell one. Who? Take the negativity over to thegiant.
I don't know, maybe it is you since you seemed to take that comment so personally.
Really didn't think I was being overly negative.
Dude, I didn't take it personally, I'm just asking you to back it up is all. Who? Never mind. Can't be me. I neither "want one(already own), already sold one, or are trying to". But you're right, it wasn't that negative. Quite w/out merit & that's your POV. Carry on.

Congrats on AOTW JC. So very deserved. :clap:
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:36 pm

woodyland wrote:Congrats on AOTW JC. So very deserved. :clap:
This Week: J.C. Richard's depiction of a breathtaking nature scene in Henry David Thoreau's timeless classic, "Walden"

Next Week: Face-drymounting Fat Chick

:pint: :pint: :pint:
coleslaw
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:53 am

congrats on AOTW JC :clap: :pint:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
treweman
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:28 am

my copy is flattening as I write this ... a very well deserved award ... if JC hadn't won AOTW, i think there would have been murmurs of "hanging chads"
downtown
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Which edition is everyones favorite ? Not sure which one I should be on the lookout for.
Recommendations ?
RiotAct
EB Team

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:59 pm

downtown wrote:Which edition is everyones favorite ? Not sure which one I should be on the lookout for.
Recommendations ?
I think the regular edition looks the best, personally
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:05 pm

RiotAct wrote:
downtown wrote:Which edition is everyones favorite ? Not sure which one I should be on the lookout for.
Recommendations ?
treweman
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:08 pm

I have the regular flattening ... and the yellow sky variant on the way ... won't know which I like better until I get a chance to see them side by side ... I have been in contact with a few eBeaners who were at the show, and the consensus seems to be that the yellow sky is the best, but that the regular edition is pretty darn good ... apparently the yellow sky adds a 10th color to the screen printing process
Santelope
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Recommendations ?
I think the only one I haven't seen is the Blank Sky, which I have on the way to me.
But it seems no matter what edition you are able to acquire, you'll be happy.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:37 pm

machination wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
Recommendations ?
The cream paper edition of four is side by side with the reg edition at the Gallery. Being sepia toned, the paper colour adds a sense of nostalgia and gravity to the image - that makes in the best version in my opinion.
cinematical
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:24 pm

middayshadows wrote:
machination wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
Recommendations ?
The cream paper edition of four is side by side with the reg edition at the Gallery. Being sepia toned, the paper colour adds a sense of nostalgia and gravity to the image - that makes in the best version in my opinion.
Ditto, exactly what I thought when at the Gallery. Of course, those were sold out by the time I got to the register (and I was 9th in line, I think).
treweman
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:57 pm

wish someone would post a pic of the cream variant ...
cinematical
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Wish I had one to take a picture of!
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:03 pm

My favorite is the regular. I stared at the cream and regular next to each other for a good half hour and I felt that the cream muted the feeling of the print. I can give no bad critique of the regular, everything is vibrant without being overbearing, there is amazing texture to it and you instantly get lost in the print. Still trying to figure out where it'll fit in with the rest of the stuff in the apartment but it'll go up somewhere.

Like someone else said, you will not be disappointed with any of the editions.
Goonies never say die!
cinematical
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:05 pm

Yeah, we're talking slight gradations of awesome here.