Queens of the Stone Age Kansas City 11 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
fredo
Art God

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:42 pm

POTY so far for me. Maybe Ryan's The National, too...and TBone/Ajaxx's QOTSAs...and everything Duggan's put out so far. Whatevs- this rules.
just a foil for me today, thanks
timc
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:50 pm

fredo wrote:POTY so far for me. Maybe Ryan's The National, too...and TBone/Ajaxx's QOTSAs...and everything Duggan's put out so far. Whatevs- this rules.
Fredo I agree never thought I would ever buy a Emek much less off of EBAY!!! Tried to buy on here made offers no one replied can't stand that!! One dude did reply but I didn't Have the Sperry he wanted! This is a must have!!! Like I said before thank heaven for flippers! :pint:
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
jester
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:59 pm

What a bad ass print, I hope one somehow finds its way in my collection.....
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
rickker
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:09 pm

anyone have experience with electroluminescent panels? pretty expensive to match the size of the print [around $300 for a complete kit] i have a feeling that this could could be a neat option for display.
No matter where you go, there you are.
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:15 pm

rickker wrote:anyone have experience with electroluminescent panels? pretty expensive to match the size of the print [around $300 for a complete kit] i have a feeling that this could could be a neat option for display.
I've been looking at lightboxes. This print is not a standard size for whats available. I found one site that makes custom sizes, but its rather $$$$$$$$.
So, i think mine will have to have a 'mat' inside the lightbox. (im thinking layers of rubylith(sp))
edderlyj
Art Expert

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:09 am

It's beginning to sound more and more like I'm going to have to just use this for a small window shade. I have one in my room that's only 5 x 6 Inches bigger. I think I may be looking forward to the morning sun a little more often for a change one of these days after I get this in the mail. Thanks!
kthxbai
Героям слава
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Got mine today-- this thing is absolutely glorious in person.
ImageImage
edderlyj
Art Expert

Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:44 pm

bazooka tubes a surprise, thought these might have gotten the Jane's laser cut treatment, though it'll flatten. Certainly only appreciable with light behind it mos def. Which side is the ink on? It looks thicker on the back. Haven't given it the scratch and scrape test, but don't think it would work and I'm not that disrespectful. It's almost as if the faint bones and skin are 'in' the plastic somehow--as if radiation has truly passed through to stain the plastic through. Really well done. Would love to see a process thread on this, even though it may be only cutting plastic and squeegeen' the squeegee). I don't think edge wear or dings are going to be of much an issue with this piece--it's solid. You could still probably push a tack or 4 through it. It's almost the as good a toy/poster combo as the Clifton Park spinner, but right up there with other medium pieces he's done. Saved a tree, right? Grrreat piece of QOTSA otaku.
Героям слава
Subwire
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:36 am

is it shipping UPS or USPS?
db23
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:13 pm

i just received this. in all honesty, it's probably the coolest concert poster i've ever received. it's not my favorite ever but it is that damn cool. what a great idea by Mr. Golan and perfect execution.
timc
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:22 pm

db23 wrote:i just received this. in all honesty, it's probably the coolest concert poster i've ever received. it's not my favorite ever but it is that damn cool. what a great idea by Mr. Golan and perfect execution.
Pics please when you get time!! So I can do the One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest Drool until mine arrives! :drool: :D Oh yeah pic of the Hand bill too want to see what I am getting :pint:
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
db23
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:45 pm

it's really, really awesome. thick stock. front and back. posting crappy photos. couple more coming.
front
thickness
db23
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:46 pm

handbill
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Looks great, db23!

Congrats.
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
kyle
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.