Star Wars Set 10 Moss

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:11 pm

mhanc wrote:Unnumbered set...
That's what she said
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 pm

mhanc wrote:$1500 for a set on eBay? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-MOND ... SwGzhaNU6Q. Unnumbered set, thousands below recent sales prices, longtime seller with little feedback (and no recent ratings). Seem fishy to you, or did someone get a bargain?
He's also selling a bunch of other posters from the Mondo SW series. Given that most of those would be a waste of time to fake, it actually seem plausible to me.
T.H.C.
mhanc
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:43 pm

Just surprised a seller would let even an unnumbered set go for that little. Strapped for holiday cash?
rubberneck
Art God

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Wouldn't touch aftermarket on these without some genuine provenance or history these days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Luls. Provenance aka printout of Mondo email receipt.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Last two ebay sales have have the corners held down using:

1. bags of bobs red mill beans
2. water bottles

Also 10/10 I would've bought that unnumbered set.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Wonder how many #backdoor sets are out there.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
meskell
Art Expert

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:12 pm

That seller is from the same city where my unnumbered Stout SW's prints came from that I bought off eBay right after the drop. According to the information I received back then, that's where the company was at the time who sub-licensed the SW's rights to Mondo. Mondo confirmed it. Seller is probably from the same company. Good thing I saved those emails.
#provenance
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
crowley26

Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:14 pm

crowley26 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:15 pm
Hey All - I'm a newbie to expressobeans. Very thankful to have stumbled across this community.

I'm the original owner of a matching set/series of all three posters (#219/400). A few details:
  • a. I've been the only owner and acquired them from Mondo during the original sale in 2010
  • b. Due to living circumstances at the time of purchase, I have never opened the package as it arrived from Mondo
  • c. I have all my original documentation, confirmation email, invoices and the package is exactly as it arrived from Mondo (tube undamaged, tape and shipping labels intact).
  • d. Since the package is unopened, I have never actually laid eyes on the posters myself
Needless to say, these have been close to my heart - however, I am considering parting ways with them. Given the circumstances above, I was hoping a friend here might be able to help me address my below concerns as I embark along the process of finding these posters a loving, appreciative new home.
  • 1. Does the fact that the posters are EXACTLY as they were shipped by Mondo help or hurt my resale value?
  • 1a. If help, any suggestions to increase buyer confidence that the item is as advertised?
  • 1b. If hurt, what steps should I take now to address any concerns?
  • 2. Outside of Ebay, does anyone have a recommended selling procedure that is safe for both buyer & seller?
  • 3. If I do sell on Ebay, I believe my lack of seller feedback would limit interest in the item and am considering working with a reputable vendor. Any suggestions?
Any help would be appreciated. And if not - no worries, happy hunting! This community has already been awesome & I've found a few prints I never even knew I wanted. Thanks!
Hey All,

I know this thread has been dormant for awhile, but wanted to share that I’ve definitely made up my mind to sell my set (in the same circumstances outlined above and discussed in detail starting on Page 20 of this thread).

Ultimately, the Mrs. and I have decided to save up and purchase our first house. Of course, while the money will help with the down payment as we start our life together, ultimately I’m realizing that I just won’t ever really have a place to hang these and display them in our home (which was my original intent as both a Star Wars and Olly Moss fan).

All the same circumstances and details shared in the original post from 2015 still apply. Only notable differences are that it’s been five additional years since then (10 since release), we have relocated to Georgia (as opposed to South Florida) and - based on the sleuthing of some helpful posters in this thread - 219 is NOT the edition number, as originally stated, but in fact the Mondo SKU from my original invoice.

I’d love to get $7,500 for the set, but am accepting any and all reasonable offers. I’d also ideally like to handle here vs. posting on eBay (unless there’s a total lack of interest), so please feel free to DM with any questions or follow-ups. I’m sure there will be a few given its original packaging + what I gather are a rather sizeable number of fakes based on the most recent posts in this thread.

All the best,
Mike
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:43 pm

They've been in the tube for 10 years now? Yikes!

I'd suggest starting a For Sale thread. This isn't the right place.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:01 pm

I’m very close to your heart, but you’ve never laid eyes on me.

Who is Jeebuz, Alex?
YES!
Ok I’ll take Flowers in the Attic for 600.
just a foil for me today, thanks
nutter97
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:19 pm

the Moss Wars set is officially back!!! $11,300 on 12/27
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:30 pm

Luls. And same seller relisted for 7k. Nothin shady about dat. Guessing that "11.3k" set had some issues and got returned.
nutter97
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:10 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Luls. And same seller relisted for 7k. Nothin shady about dat. Guessing that "11.3k" set had some issues and got returned.
looks like buyer may have pressured him on the condition because now he has damage listed:

"light ding on the left part next to C-3PO face

The empire strikes back : light bend in the lower left corner

Return of the Jedi : light bend in the lower left corner - Light ding on the left part next to Wader face"
BC0120
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:03 pm

nutter97 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:10 pm
Codeblue wrote:
looks like buyer may have pressured him on the condition because now he has damage listed:

"light ding on the left part next to C-3PO face

The empire strikes back : light bend in the lower left corner

Return of the Jedi : light bend in the lower left corner - Light ding on the left part next to Wader face"
Those don't look like light dings in the photo section