Star Wars Set 10 Moss

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
morecoffee
Art Expert

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:20 pm

I think this set is awesome. I especially like the Return of the Jedi poster.
It seems strange to me that Olly would switch the colors up on Empire and new Hope. I read or heard somewhere that colors were associated with the 3 original films- yellow for new Hope, red for Empire, and green for Jedi.
Maybe a yellow C3PO was too much. I think these designs are smart and slick. Kid Olly has it going on up stairs.
Another knockout.

EDIT: My bad. The color for New Hope was blue, not yellow- blue, red, and green for episodes IV, V, VI.
Last edited by morecoffee on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:26 pm

morecoffee wrote:I think this set is awesome. I especially like the Return of the Jedi poster.
It seems strange to me that Olly would switch the colors up on Empire and new Hope. I read or heard somewhere that colors were associated with the 3 original films- yellow for new Hope, red for Empire, and green for Jedi.
Maybe a yellow C3PO was too much. I think these designs are smart and slick. Kid Olly has it going on up stairs.
Another knockout.
I agree! I'd been hoping he'd be doing something similar to his Evil Dead print soon, and in my opinion these have far surpassed it!
srdzevon
Art Expert

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:41 pm

rubberneck wrote:
srdzevon wrote:
jsan20 wrote:Nice set will break my no mondo rule for this. I hate how they can't take the effort to get them signed. How many people wouldn't pay an extra 10 bucks for a signed copy. 1200x10-$12000 extra on two $100 dollar shippments and the artist's time.
Why would you break your rule now? That makes no sense. I'd sit this one out for sure if I were you. Don't compromise on your beliefs man!
You might need to show him how its done.... I'll compromise for you both and grab a set... 8)
Oh I'll be there. 8) I just think jsan20 should stand up for what he believes. One less dog on the pile. :wink:
ImageX5 Hodor Image
chimpun
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:01 pm

RiotAct wrote:
RupertPupkin wrote:Generally speaking I could not care less whether or not a print is signed. Why are people that concerned?
gives it that extra little personalization
also gives it that extra $$$
automator
Nobody

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:28 pm

New image Star Wars Set 10 Moss

jsan20
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:03 pm

SOB I missed out these are really awesome my wife even likes them. Moss's drop is going to be a heck of a lot harder. I hope he does a lotto. I have work all week including christmas eve. I don't want to f5 for hours to come up empty handed.
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:57 pm

jsan20 wrote:Moss's drop is going to be a heck of a lot harder. I hope he does a lotto.
I wouldn't be too sure about that... seems like he's going to be asking a lot more for his copies that Mondo was for theirs.
goldenrose
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:03 pm

chimpun wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
RupertPupkin wrote:Generally speaking I could not care less whether or not a print is signed. Why are people that concerned?
gives it that extra little personalization
also gives it that extra $$$
The A/P addition that I bought off his site for "let me in" was not signed - bummer. And it did not come from him it was mailed to me from - I think - Mitch. So I think its doubtful they will be signed or even mailed by Olly's shop. But they will probably cost more - just like my A/P did.
the reckless are out wrecking, the timid plead their pleas - robert hunter
smokeycat
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:11 pm

huh? :? if true, that is a real bummer... :(
ImageImageImage
goldenrose
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:14 pm

smokeycat wrote:huh? :? if true, that is a real bummer... :(
Yup and I didn't read the fine print - it only says hand-numbered. In fact none of the prints for sale on his site are signed and are only "hand-numbered": http://ollymoss.bigcartel.com/product/let-me-in
rossi1102
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:22 pm

goldenrose wrote:
smokeycat wrote:huh? :? if true, that is a real bummer... :(
Yup and I didn't read the fine print - it only says hand-numbered. In fact none of the prints for sale on his site are signed and are only "hand-numbered": http://ollymoss.bigcartel.com/product/let-me-in
From Olly's Twitter he says he will be signing them, the price is going to be up there though

@IntoStasis Mine are signed and low-numbered (1-50) - only a small number will be publicly available as most are reserved by friends/clients about 14 hours ago via Tweetie for Mac in reply to IntoStasis

Feel sorry for the Fedex man who's currently making his way through the snow to deliver me a 70lb parcel of Star Wars posters. about 14 hours ago via Tweetie for Mac
jsan20
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:33 pm

He did say it was going to lower than ebay but higher than mondo. My guess would be 400 for set. I still think it willl be hard maybe only 20 or so copies.
goldenrose
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:34 pm

Thats cool, it really would be rad to have his signature and a low number :drool:
smokeycat
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:40 pm

thanks for the insight. :)
ImageImageImage
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:42 pm

goldenrose wrote:Thats cool, it really would be rad to have his signature and a low number :drool:

There will be a number , they are not AP sets. :lol: They are also my last shot at landing my Lebowski using this print as trade bait. But with a possible $400 price tag it might not be worth it .
Last edited by MillerTime04 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it