Ten Banthas 10 Ryan

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:42 am

By the by, these are not included in the Jay Ryan sub. Even subholders need to fight the Mondo swarm.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:54 am

mnelson wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
sophistry wrote:Love the concept, especially with Leia's ship in the distant background. Though I'm not really a fan 'cartoony' art like this.
Hah! Cartoony. WTF?!
Then you probably don't like most screenprints, gig posters and anything in this Star Wars/Star Trek thing from MondoTees. Like most Ryans, I really dig this.
Pretty sure you know what he means and are just trying to be a douche anyways. Jay Ryan's style can be deemed "cartoony" for sure. McCarthy, Danger... not so much. I personally like this print, but I feel it should have been released earlier in the series.
No, this is someone who is just trying to be a douche http://www.footballreportersonline.com/ ... ring-game/.

I think "douche" has become the new Godwin's Law.

I was just pointing out the absurdity of someone commenting that a screenprinted poster that pays tribute to "Star Wars," especially one by Jay Ryan, is "cartoony," whatever that means.

At any rate, I wouldn't have said anything if I had noticed that he joined up only a couple weeks ago. He's still learning to fly. You, though, you've been around long enough to know what's what.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:42 pm

sasquatch wrote:I was just pointing out the absurdity of someone commenting that a screenprinted poster that pays tribute to "Star Wars," especially one by Jay Ryan, is "cartoony," whatever that means.
It is. Doesn't mean it's bad.
rmoore
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:52 pm

thebends9 wrote:
jojobadass wrote:no, I think this whole series has been quite lacking........especially compared to the star trek series.

where's the death star bitch!?!

I like this one.
Stout will give us our Death Star
Not if he does Empire!
sophistry
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:53 pm

machination wrote:
sasquatch wrote:I was just pointing out the absurdity of someone commenting that a screenprinted poster that pays tribute to "Star Wars," especially one by Jay Ryan, is "cartoony," whatever that means.
It is. Doesn't mean it's bad.
This.

I want to reiterate that I really do like the concept here. Showing the opening scene of SW from the perspective of banthas going about their business is cool. It brings to mind just how important that event was to setting up the entire epic (and how I couldn't take my eyes off the screen when I first watched it). I think it pulls both Tatooine and the attack/boarding of Leia's ship together nicely.
kramer73
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:56 pm

if this would have been 10 Tauntauns everyone would be flipping out.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
lazk
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Is this even flippable based on the artist alone? Doesn't seem like to many people interested...
T.K.C.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:00 pm

As a Ryan completist, I'll be giving it to my kid for her room. Not sure if it's flippable. Over time, most Ryans are though.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:07 pm

sasquatch wrote:As a Ryan completist, I'll be giving it to my kid for her room. Not sure if it's flippable. Over time, most Ryans are though.
It is pretty cartoonery and pretty much just sucks. Sasquatch you are sure fast to defend your precious Jay but can bash Sperry left and right. This is seriously another dumb Ryan poster. God this fudge gets old, how do you guys really like this fudge?

Im mainly asking you sasquatch as Sperrys stuff changes this just gets plain old......
Same fudge, different drop.
d0ughman
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:12 pm

its up
upseeker
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:20 pm

I took my eye off for a minute and poof it was gone the next. wow!
kramer73
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:22 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
sasquatch wrote:As a Ryan completist, I'll be giving it to my kid for her room. Not sure if it's flippable. Over time, most Ryans are though.
It is pretty cartoonery and pretty much just sucks. Sasquatch you are sure fast to defend your precious Jay but can bash Sperry left and right. This is seriously another dumb Ryan poster. God this fudge gets old, how do you guys really like this fudge?

Im mainly asking you sasquatch as Sperrys stuff changes this just gets plain old......
different strokes for different folks
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:36 pm

gonzo303 wrote:

Here we go ... :roll:

Let's see: Clipart with shiny inks vs. hand-drawn goodness with humor, style, reverence and relevance to the bands, thoughtful prints, killer collaborations and hand-pulled in Skokie, Illinois.

Like the man said: Different strokes. Ryan's a killer printer AND a fantastic artist. But this is probably not the place for this discussion -- again.

No need to get so damnz personal, brother.
Last edited by sasquatch on Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:37 pm

P.S. -- Jay has offered subholders a signed and numbered copy of the print (offering it at half the shipping as the Mondo site). So there's an unsigned and a signed version.
Lowbrow-Ink
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:02 pm

sasquatch wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:

Here we go ... :roll:

Let's see: Clipart with shiny inks vs. hand-drawn goodness with humor, style, reverence and relevance to the bands, thoughtful prints, killer collaborations and hand-pulled in Skokie, Illinois.

Like the man said: Different strokes. Ryan's a killer printer AND a fantastic artist. But this is probably not the place for this discussion -- again.

No need to get so damnz personal, brother.
I'm no "completist", but my guess would be that "hand-pulled" squeegees are few & far between around the Ryan compound since the arrival of the semi-auto in (04 or 05?).