Dave Matthews Band Charlottesville II 10 Methane

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
dmtr
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:45 pm

flashkraft wrote:The paypal "backdoor" link that was posted never workedBottom line, Methane screwed up and posted the same picture for night 1 and night 2.
A bunch of people bought the print and got refunded.
Methane sucks and they are obviously trying to defer the blame to hackers or some backdoor bullshit.
You are incredibly wrong. The link posted on DP.com early was very real and several people there "bought" the print before it popped up on the site. With the "buy" page compromised and a bunch of refunds to dole out, they decided to scrap the N2 drop. You are right that they shouldn't blame the N1/N2 mix up on "hacking" when it was their screw up, but I don't think it was intentional...they have a long history of botched drops on far crappier prints.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:47 am

dmtr wrote:
flashkraft wrote:The paypal "backdoor" link that was posted never workedBottom line, Methane screwed up and posted the same picture for night 1 and night 2.
A bunch of people bought the print and got refunded.
Methane sucks and they are obviously trying to defer the blame to hackers or some backdoor bullshit.
You are incredibly wrong. The link posted on DP.com early was very real and several people there "bought" the print before it popped up on the site. With the "buy" page compromised and a bunch of refunds to dole out, they decided to scrap the N2 drop. You are right that they shouldn't blame the N1/N2 mix up on "hacking" when it was their screw up, but I don't think it was intentional...they have a long history of botched drops on far crappier prints.
funny how those botched drops always lead to refunds and later Methane resells at jacked up prices.
upseeker
Art Expert

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:47 am

All I know is that was a bunch of wasted time. Notice they sold 25, that's 25 for later.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:00 am

upseeker wrote:All I know is that was a bunch of wasted time. Notice they sold 25, that's 25 for later.
In 4 years they'll be dropping one here or there for 600 each.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
kramer73
Art Expert

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:23 am

upseeker wrote:All I know is that was a bunch of wasted time. Notice they sold 25, that's 25 for later.
they did mention that they were only selling 30 yesterday (this was before the fudge storm)
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
flashkraft
Art Enthusiast

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:43 am

Yes the link worked but it only worked when they went live with the sale anyway. 10 minutes prior to the posting of the link on daveposters the link wasn't working, so the people that were using the link had an advantage, but it wasn't like it was ever a big secret or a "backdoor" that's ludicrous proposition... noone "hacked" the website... this is just like what used to happen on Obey...those that knew the quick link url had an advantage but it wasn't a "paypal" hack
dmtr
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:21 pm

flashkraft wrote:Yes the link worked but it only worked when they went live with the sale anyway. 10 minutes prior to the posting of the link on daveposters the link wasn't working, so the people that were using the link had an advantage, but it wasn't like it was ever a big secret or a "backdoor" that's ludicrous proposition... noone "hacked" the website... this is just like what used to happen on Obey...those that knew the quick link url had an advantage but it wasn't a "paypal" hack
I agree, no paypal "hacking" involved, but you were fully able to purchase the N2 poster before it ever went live on their site. Again, this is entirely Methane's fault for pre-loading the "buy" page before linking it to their site. They will hopefully fix this in the future.
cerebus
Art Expert

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:27 pm

dmtr wrote:They will hopefully fix this in the future.
There's no chance that they'll do that. They still don't understand why people are able to follow their sequential numbering system, let alone prevent this happening again.
jatlas
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:50 pm

has this dropped on WH?
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:55 pm

jatlas wrote:has this dropped on WH?
no, and someone on Methane's fb page last night said it wouldn't be, per a conversation they had with someone who works for WH.... they could just be fibbing to throw everyone off the trail however.
jatlas
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:17 pm

up on WH
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:21 pm

gone!
I think I got 1
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:18 pm

i feel like an idiot asking this, but what's WH?
ImageImage
cerebus
Art Expert

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:20 pm

noeldaddy wrote:i feel like an idiot asking this, but what's WH?
Warehouse. Shop for DMB fan club.
upseeker
Art Expert

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:53 pm

The sun went down on my tree house long ago...first in the 70's when dad refused to build me one, and second when I got a job so I didn't have to eke out a living from flipping.