Grand Funk Small Faces Philadelphia 70

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:48 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Grand Funk Small Faces Philadelphia 70

Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Awesome show. I saw many many shows at the Spectrum in the late 60's/early 70's. Most were called 'dance concerts', where the floor was open general admission but the stands were reserved seats. They probably crammed in about 25,000 fans per event, and there were usually 2 or 3 great bands on each bill... it never seemed to be a case of a warm-up band and headliner. This particular pairing gave people the happy boogie pop rock of pre Rod Stewart Faces, along with the heavy-duty stoner metal of Mark Don and Mel. WHOA!

edit: I just noticed on the poster that Stewart was on this bill... This begs the question: Was it Small Faces with Rod Stewart, or was it "The Faces"? I always recall them dropping "SMALL" when tall Rod joined the band. Also, Eric Burdon & War was on this bill, which makes it 3 bands... the way I remember shows at the Spectrum.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
matadordesevilla
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:16 pm

Is this poster printed on silver foil? Thx.
SunshineMaui
Art Enthusiast

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:50 pm

There is a fourth artist listed - "Elizabeth." Who is that?
There's also a signature in the lower left corner - Spencer Z.