Let The Right One In 10 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:41 am

srdzevon wrote:machination brought this to my attention back in the recommend a movie thread. There's an incorrectly subtitled version out there, so make sure you get the correct one.

http://screenrant.com/let-the-right-one ... kofi-6533/
That's right! I remember hearing about this . There is a version of the movie that has very poorly translated subtitles... Be on the lookout for the better-subtitled version!
Olto
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:20 am

This is perfect. I am praying that the run is high enough for all of us to get one!
Stingers
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:04 am

This is the best movie related poster for some time , I like it a lot more than most other Stout's .
Seems like he's smoothed the lines a little without losing his trademark style , it really suits the image .
mtarail
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:54 am

middayshadows wrote: There is a version of the movie that has very poorly translated subtitles... Be on the lookout for the better-subtitled version!
I saw a dvd version on Netflix with no subtitle options. Only really bad dubbing--like an old kung fu movie. (Well, not that bad, but still pretty crappy.) But the movie still was great. I'll have to look for a version with subtitles, as the dubbing was my only beef with the movie
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:59 am

I tried watching the dubbed version, but it just pissed me off. Subtitles are the way to go. Even if you don't know Swedish, it's nice to hear the inflection in the actual actors' voices I think.
Did I mention how awesome this poster is?
ImageX5 Hodor Image
jsan20
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:19 am

Really amazing. Sounds like this is going to be very hard to get.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:28 am

If I manage to get one this is totally going up on the wall right next to Robocop! Great great movie.
Tservo
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:25 pm

You can pick the dvd up at wal mart with the right subtitles, just make sure it says Theatrical Subtitles on the back. I think I paid like 8 bucks, totally worth it. It's also on instant with I think the wrong subtitles.
Image Member T.H.C. Rounds 1-4 Image
ceevee
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:04 pm

charter
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:06 pm

That is the first dude I have seen that has a tatoo that matches his t shirt.
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:34 pm

ceevee wrote:Image
That "Spirited Away" print looks pretty awesome, too.
Goonies never say die!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:39 pm

Never understood the plugs in the ears thing. Must really suck when yer 35 and decide it's time to take em out.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
woodyland
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:23 pm

Codeblue wrote:Never understood the plugs in the ears thing. Must really suck when yer 35 and decide it's time to take em out.

Yeah, but those tribes, you know the ones, over in Africa and you've seen em, huge pieces of metal or wood in their lips & ears & damnit don't they look just so cool especially after 40-50 years. Of course, if you're only planning on living to age 30.....
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
mkirby1976
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:24 pm

I gather this one is going to be tough to get. Hope I didn't use all my luck on Iron Man, cause I'd really trade up for this in a second.

Good job Tyler :clap: :drool:
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:36 pm

From Tyler's blog:
sometimes i get emails from people. sometimes regarding posters. usually it breaks down into two types.

the ones i don't mind: friendly emails that ask if i have a poster. stuff like 'Hey, if you have a copy of _______ I would love to pick one up.'

the other type i get are more like this: 'I am angry at you. I want to buy this poster and you won't let me? I will burn all other artwork I've purchased from you. You don't care about your fans. You are mean. Sell me this poster or else.'

sometimes i do have extra posters left over, not often, but sometimes. and i offer them to people randomly. but when i do have some left over to offer, i usually do it to those who write emails like the first category, the nice emails.

so try to be nice. at least if you want something from me.
The "mean" letter made me laugh. It's ridiculous.