Let The Right One In 10 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Regarding the skull-marked 1/1 "AP Quad" which sold on 01/19/2013 for $725... From Tyler's blog:

I (don't) Want Your Skuuuuulll
so, occasionally i get emails about a skull number on a poster. something that looks like this.

people say 'i saw this on ebay' or 'someone offered to sell me this' etc etc. 'what does it all mean?'

to explain for those who don't know, its a numbered poster, but instead of a number, its a skull. and people wonder what it all means.

well, i'll tell you. usually in a print run there are a few extras left over. or there are posters with some defects to them, a drop of ink, or missing ink, or dinged edge. usually with these i put a skull on it. meaning, at least to me, its a 'dead' print. if it has a ding/ mark / misprint, it can't be sold. damaged print? i erase the number and put a skull instead.

there aren't a ton of them out there, the poster world is not saturated with skull prints. per edition, there are probably less than 3, and most editions don't have any at all.

i don't sell skull prints. if it has a skull on it, and the person got it from me, they got it for free. people can sell whatever they have in their possession, i realize that. but i don't give them to people to sell, and i don't make any money off them being sold.

please don't email asking for one of these prints, i don't have any, its just a thing i've done when i come across a damaged print while numbering. or if its extra from the run, say i'm allowed to sell 50, and i have 51, i put a skull on one of them. and i wouldn't have sold that print, but could have thrown it in an order as a cool extra. not realizing that in this day and age, people sell everything.

in retrospect, its probably isn't the best idea, since obviously its causes confusion. but i figured i'd let you, this blog reader, know - it was only done with the best of intentions, trying to be nice, plus i hate throwing out a perfectly good print with a minor defect. as for the whole 'people selling things on ebay thing'....that's for a different blog post. i personally have never sold a poster on ebay, but i have bought a few things, mostly door sized alien posters. which i've bought at least twice, for different doors.

hope that clears up the question no one was asking.
Hope the buyer gets a refund.
bert
Art Expert

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:39 pm

Tyler is a really cool fella, imagine getting a freebie like that in your tube! It makes me value the prints of his that I own even more...and conversely, makes me not really like some prints I own because I think the artist is a bit of a berk.
adamlikesthings
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Been wanting to get this framed for ages, finally dropped round to framers today :-)
Giclee - "One unintended consequence of Duganne's choice of name was its problematic use in the French language since it is also modern French slang for male ejaculation"
CrustaR
Art Expert

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:19 pm

bert wrote:Tyler is a really cool fella, imagine getting a freebie like that in your tube! It makes me value the prints of his that I own even more...and conversely, makes me not really like some prints I own because I think the artist is a bit of a berk.
Not a bit of a ...bert?
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
automator
Nobody

Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:19 pm

New image Let The Right One In 10 Stout - Detail

automator
Nobody

automator
Nobody

automator
Nobody

automator
Nobody

automator
Nobody

automator
Nobody

edg1218
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:00 am

Hoping Stout does another poster as delicate and subtle as this. Mine is hanging in the bedroom cause my wife thinks it is romantic. :heart:
Brichella
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:52 pm

Still my favorite Stout I think.
adamlikesthings
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:32 pm

back from the framer doubled mounted all acid free, UV glass. (crappy iphone pictures)

Giclee - "One unintended consequence of Duganne's choice of name was its problematic use in the French language since it is also modern French slang for male ejaculation"
postersrwc77posters
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:55 am

edg1218 wrote:Hoping Stout does another poster as delicate and subtle as this. Mine is hanging in the bedroom cause my wife thinks it is romantic. :heart:
Dude! I have the variant version and my wife said almost the same thing. It's the one print out of my entire collection she said for me to hold on to. This print has some kind of crazy effect in the romance department. :notworthy: :notworthy: