193 Fish 03 Ryan

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
username
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:46 pm

electrachrome wrote:
username wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
Other resources with this much historical sales data? I'm all ears.
I was only referring to outlets to purchase this stuff other than ebay, not a database.
that was the intent of our Vendor Sales feature...Kinda like listing with eBay, but without the fees and a "captive" targeted audience. I don't know how much work It would entail on the vendor's part to list, but from a buyers standpoint, it was intended to show that there was an altenitive to the 'Bay.
I see, it just seems flawed to me as pointed out in my previous post and right now I really have no suggestion as how to correct it. I'll give it some thought tonight and forget when I see Grindhouse in the morning.
getoutoftheleftlane
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:48 pm

I don't mind it being mostly eBay sales, actually. Having it so open to report private sales leaves a lot of room for people to manipulate figures in order to drive up prices for future sales.

Sure, you see some eBay auctions that do this as well, but... generally speaking... it's a little more accurate to the overall market value.

No system is going to be perfect. I think this place is a good resource and I give the people who run it a lot of credit for that. And, for the most part, there's a pretty honest crowd here. I hope it stays that way.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:52 pm

username wrote:
electrachrome wrote:
username wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
Other resources with this much historical sales data? I'm all ears.
I was only referring to outlets to purchase this stuff other than ebay, not a database.
that was the intent of our Vendor Sales feature...Kinda like listing with eBay, but without the fees and a "captive" targeted audience. I don't know how much work It would entail on the vendor's part to list, but from a buyers standpoint, it was intended to show that there was an altenitive to the 'Bay.
I see, it just seems flawed to me as pointed out in my previous post and right now I really have no suggestion as how to correct it. I'll give it some thought tonight and forget when I see Grindhouse in the morning.
agreed that it's far from perfect, it relies on trust, and when money is invoved...well, the temptation to pump prices is always gonna be there.

Is the Draft House doing a midnight screening? I thought it opened on Friday.
philaarts
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:09 pm

alot of times my ebay sales.. the person doesnt pay.
the new posters added to our site = www.philaarts.blogspot.com

our site= www.philaarts.com

our team= www.philadelphiaeagles.com
ryan_1969

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:21 pm

username wrote:and I'm not knocking what you guys are trying to do here, this place is a great source of information and a community is evolving, it's pretty neat. I'm just saying you should call a spade a spade in regards to the price charts as they are flawed as is.
i'm not allowed to speak about this topic anymore. :?
ryan_1969

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:27 pm

philaarts wrote:alot of times my ebay sales.. the person doesnt pay.
wtf? seriously? what do you do about that?
username
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:28 pm

ryan_1969 wrote:
username wrote:and I'm not knocking what you guys are trying to do here, this place is a great source of information and a community is evolving, it's pretty neat. I'm just saying you should call a spade a spade in regards to the price charts as they are flawed as is.
i'm not allowed to speak about this topic anymore. :?
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:36 pm

I don't think that "not allowed" is quite accurate there Ryan - you're welcome to discuss all you'd like. But we should really start a topic in the main forums section (like the AG or Help/Suggestion sections) if we really want it to go somewhere - it just is going to get buried in these comments sections as a discussion on the Sales Histories of the site.

John and Dave--
I'd be more than willing (and happy to, actually) to try and work on ways to get sales data reported and get you guys set up within our vendor system - I should have a good amount of time available from mid-May >> early August to work with/on that. You can see/read more about our vendor setups at these links:
http://www.expressobeans.com/forum/view ... ght=vendor
http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... ndor_Stock
Tra la la la la...
philaarts
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:50 pm

ryan_1969 wrote:
i dont get paid. not much you can do. im not ryan timmer.
the new posters added to our site = www.philaarts.blogspot.com

our site= www.philaarts.com

our team= www.philadelphiaeagles.com
ryan_1969

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:21 pm

Yamar wrote:I don't think that "not allowed" is quite accurate there Ryan - you're welcome to discuss all you'd like. But we should really start a topic in the main forums section (like the AG or Help/Suggestion sections) if we really want it to go somewhere - it just is going to get buried in these comments sections as a discussion on the Sales Histories of the site.
i was joking. :D

i just meant i think people are tired of what i have to say about eb's price 'history'.

p.s. thanks for a great tube of stuff.
pjposters3
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:41 am

philaarts wrote:
ryan_1969 wrote:
i dont get paid. not much you can do. im not ryan timmer.
bwaha. i know this is an old post but that's hilarious. is timmer still around in the poster world?
username
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:31 pm

One of these sold last month for $1400.00 I think.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:38 pm

Yeah... I should check with Diesel on that - see what else he sold off to help with the remodeling and such. I know that there were a few higher priced pieces that went.
Tra la la la la...
password
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:24 pm

Here's a nice alternative if you can't afford Jay's:

http://papermonster.net/item.php?item=5
jenga
Art Expert

Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:32 pm

They kinda look like rabbits tho.. and the yellow background??