Bomb It 10 Grafter

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri May 07, 2010 11:42 am

New image Grey Edition

automator
Nobody

New image White and Grey Editions

automator
Nobody

New image White Edition

automator
Nobody

New image White Edition

tranito
Art Expert

Fri May 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Thx Lorraine! Surely serves the main purposes of encouraging the art discussion.. I'll copy the following one too..
tranito wrote:Per Grafter, the exact title is ''Bomb It....'', if anyone cares..

I would love to hear Grafter stop by and talk about the idea behind this piece and the relation with the title.. though if I can recall, for Splash, he said he liked to leave it to the interpretation of the viewer.. which I respect totally too.. but I'm curious to get behind the mind of the artist.. :twisted:
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
graphicjim24
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Seeing that the paint is so thick at the bottom, how well will these ship. I would be worried that it would crack off.
No???
tranito
Art Expert

Fri May 07, 2010 12:33 pm

He'll probably ship em flat between sturdy boards.. at least that's what he did with the Splash.. He even did a stencil on the protective board too as a free goodie.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Fri May 07, 2010 12:45 pm

i'm still after a splash but i just dont get this. looks to me like someone pulling skakeboard moves in the air. everyones bought this thinking its the next splash. havnt they? amina powder blue is better than this IMO. really sold out?
Blackheart
Art Expert

Fri May 07, 2010 1:01 pm

kevkevkev wrote:i'm still after a splash but i just dont get this. looks to me like someone pulling skakeboard moves in the air. everyones bought this thinking its the next splash. havnt they? amina powder blue is better than this IMO. really sold out?

Anyone else struggling to understand what this means??

Translation please!!
I have spent 90% of my money on women and wine..........the rest i wasted.
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Fri May 07, 2010 1:05 pm

looks like he's jumping off a skakeboard to me. without the skakeboard.
Mention
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 07, 2010 1:20 pm

kevkevkev wrote:looks like he's jumping off a skakeboard to me. without the skakeboard.
I thought that too when I saw this yesterday. Looks like a kick flip minus skate.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein
tranito
Art Expert

Fri May 07, 2010 1:37 pm

kevkevkev wrote:i'm still after a splash but i just dont get this. looks to me like someone pulling skakeboard moves in the air. everyones bought this thinking its the next splash. havnt they? amina powder blue is better than this IMO. really sold out?
I respect your opinion towards this piece, but I think you're mistaking by assuming everyone who bought it think like you and that they bought it just cause they'd think it would be the next splash (I guess that means they bought to flip?). I guess we'll see, but there's no doubt people are loving this. I personally bought this cause I love it a lot. I don't care about value when we say the next splash, but I'll say it is indeed the next splash considering Grafter won his only AOTW with Splash in 08 and yesterday people were casting their vote for this as soon as they saw it here.. there's no way the general opinion is that Amina blue is better than this. This style is the Grafter I personally fell in love with with Splash. I wouldn't want him to redo the same thing all over again, but what, 2 years later, to come back with something similar but that feels totally original and fresh again is a pure pleasure for me.
laststop126
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 07, 2010 1:43 pm

tranito wrote: I respect your opinion towards this piece, but I think you're mistaking by thinking everyone who bought it think like you and that they bought it just cause they'd think it would be the next splash (I guess that means they bought to flip?). I guess we'll see, but there's no doubt people are loving this. I personally bought this cause I love it a lot. I don't care about value when we say the next splash, but I'll say it is indeed the next splash considering Grafter won his only AOTW with Splash in 08 and yesterday people were casting their vote for this as soon as they saw it here.. there's no way the general opinion is that Amina blue is better than this. This style is the Grafter I personally fell in love with with Splash. I wouldn't want him to redo the same thing all over again, but what, 2 years later, to come back with something similar but that feels totally original and fresh again is a pure pleasure for me.
Well said. Honestly, I don't get the obsession with Splash that people have, sure it's a great piece but to me it's not that aesthetically pleasing. I like bomb it better... it'll be on it's way to the framer the day it gets here.
kushmeja
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 07, 2010 1:54 pm

I also like this much better than Splash, which I really, really like. I was waiting to grab a Splash, but would much prefer this in both colorways for less than what the Splash alone would cost me. I prefer the mischievous boy bombing paint - I feel it more accurately represents what the whole street art scene is about. More aesthetically pleasing as well imo.
wneff
Art Expert

Fri May 07, 2010 2:24 pm

kevkevkev wrote:everyones bought this thinking its the next splash. havnt they?
I bought it thinking it was the next Grafter.