Homeward Bound 10 McCarthy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:46 pm

jenga wrote:
rmoore wrote:
maden wrote:
sethalan1 wrote:since when does D&L print for Dan?
they dont usually. he has just been mad busy
I honestly don't know how he cranks out a great new design every month, prints it himself and ships it out. Guy is Superman.

Daniel Danger should pay him a visit and take notes on effecient shipping and customer service
I haven't had any problems with DD as far as that stuff goes. I just wish he had more regular sales. They seem to be few and far between. Guess he is just busy.
Small town pizza lawyer
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:46 pm

sethalan1 wrote:
maden wrote:
sethalan1 wrote:since when does D&L print for Dan?
they dont usually. he has just been mad busy

Indeed. I wonder if this is an isolated job? I always enjoyed the fact he did all the work himself. I don't think D & L handling lessens the appeal for me, but the idea of a product all your own from start to finish was cool.
fromt he description on his site, seems like a one time deal so he can get caught up
ceevee
Art Expert

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:50 pm

pjsteelerfan wrote:
fromt he description on his site, seems like a one time deal so he can get caught up
Yep. Per the email, still animal doodlin'.
maden
Art Expert

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:51 pm

sethalan1 wrote:Indeed. I wonder if this is an isolated job? I always enjoyed the fact he did all the work himself. I don't think D & L handling lessens the appeal for me, but the idea of a product all your own from start to finish was cool.
D+L also printed 'in a silent way' and from the pictures i have seen (im waiting on mine) it looks like they did a bang up job. but i imagine after he gets done with all the 'sketching' prints he will get back to doing his work in house.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

radioelf
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:53 pm

My first new McCarthy of 2010. It is going to look great next to Girls Gone Wild! I might have to take my bf's tie-rack down now, lol.
Last edited by radioelf on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ceevee
Art Expert

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:54 pm

radioelf wrote:I might have to take my bf's tie-rack down now, lol.
I'd say that would be a good exchange.
petenice
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:55 pm

at the risk of sounding like a knewb, how does one obtain an A/P?
alteridiom
Art Expert

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:57 pm

petenice wrote:at the risk of sounding like a knewb, how does one obtain an A/P?
Was wondering the same. Seems like you have to have a relationship with the artist of some sort.
Small town pizza lawyer
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:59 pm

my 1st McCarthy since 2008 (except his lost print). i love it!!
wneff
Art Expert

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:04 pm

A Mccarthy sunset...can't wait +2
alteridiom
Art Expert

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:05 pm

wneff wrote:A Mccarthy sunset...can't wait +2
Almost grabbed an extra to use for trade bait.
Small town pizza lawyer
sethalan1
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:05 pm

alteridiom wrote:
petenice wrote:at the risk of sounding like a knewb, how does one obtain an A/P?
Was wondering the same. Seems like you have to have a relationship with the artist of some sort.

I had a sub from Dan for two years. The first year I opted in a few months late and my first three prints were all AP's.
wolfmanjack
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:06 pm

sethalan1 wrote:
alteridiom wrote:

I had a sub from Dan for two years. The first year I opted in a few months late and my first three prints were all AP's.
I just joined last month, maybe my in a silent way and guiding light will be a/p's then :lol:
"Dont open my eyes, to nothin like truth, just leave it all lost in the wind, let it hide in the blindness of youth.
Facts of the matter, most likely will always remain, i guess ill be lost in the backyard, til i get home again"
- James McMurtry
rmoore
Art Expert

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:14 pm

ceevee wrote:
pjsteelerfan wrote:
Yep. Per the email, still animal doodlin'.
Bet he won't do that again. :) Doing 300+ different doodles has to suck.
wneff
Art Expert

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:20 pm

This print reminds me of driving up to my log home in Coal Creek Canyon back in the day. Those Colorado foothill sunsets are bewitching.

I do believe this one may get framed.