Homeward Bound 10 McCarthy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:21 pm

clandestinex wrote:This is probably the only print by Dan I didn't say "wow" out loud when I first saw it. I love the theme and I love the colors, but I don't feel there's enough detail.

After seeing this: http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/52622 my beliefs were confirmed. Punchgut put out pretty much the same thing 3 years ago, and is better in my opinion. Homeward Bound doesn't seem so special anymore.
Wait, you feel Dan's doesn't have enough detail, but Punchgut's does?? Punchgut's is underwhelming and under-realized as a concept - leaves me cold. Mccarthy's is evocative and has some context, which gives it meaning.

Superficial similarities - silhouettes over the same colours. It ends there. Mccarthy's is vastly better, and no less special, in my opinion.
wneff
Art Expert

Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:57 pm

clandestinex wrote:Punchgut put out pretty much the same thing 3 years ago, and is better in my opinion. Homeward Bound doesn't seem so special anymore.
How about that. If I squint real hard, they do look exactly the same.
mtarail
Art Expert

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:23 pm

I own both of these prints. I think they're both great.There are some similarities in the blend, but they have nothing in common at all, in terms of subject matter. McCarthy's depicting a pretty realistic drive up the mountain at dawn (or dusk). The focus of the Punchgut print is a guy standing on top of a tree, "Crouching Tiger" style.
gonesolo
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:36 pm

I was looking to purchase this piece. I looked for a FAQ, but missed it. How does the FS/FT area work? Just send a PM to the seller and complete the transaction?

Not in the "open market" area...I'm referring to where you search for a print and see the details and avg selling price, etc.
Codeblue wrote:Oof.
trarex
Art Expert

Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:10 am

gonesolo wrote:I was looking to purchase this piece. I looked for a FAQ, but missed it. How does the FS/FT area work? Just send a PM to the seller and complete the transaction?

Not in the "open market" area...I'm referring to where you search for a print and see the details and avg selling price, etc.
same thing send them a pm and ask if its still available.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
pjtaper
Art Freak

Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:16 am

trarex wrote:
gonesolo wrote:I was looking to purchase this piece. I looked for a FAQ, but missed it. How does the FS/FT area work? Just send a PM to the seller and complete the transaction?

same thing send them a pm and ask if its still available.
who the hell are you? 53 posts, just joined, and you know it all...
welcome to eb :roll:
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:04 am

got to the print detail, click on "for sale"

click on the name of the person selling/trading

click on "make offer"

this will generate a PM
mmmm Beer :pint:
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:44 am

Kdh12 wrote:

got to the print detail, click on "for sale"

click on the name of the person selling/trading

click on "make offer"

this will generate a PM
Don't forget to select the different versions... AP etc.

Not sure what you're after but this member's reputation is mom's Apple Duplins :wink:

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/tr ... =15&page=3
gonesolo
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm just making this up as I go. I've never seen an area like this (apart from classifieds).
Codeblue wrote:Oof.
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:18 pm

mtarail wrote:I own both of these prints. I think they're both great.There are some similarities in the blend, but they have nothing in common at all, in terms of subject matter. McCarthy's depicting a pretty realistic drive up the mountain at dawn (or dusk). The focus of the Punchgut print is a guy standing on top of a tree, "Crouching Tiger" style.
Agreed. There's no comparison beyond size and colors. One is realism, the other is surrealism. Opposite ends of the spectrum.
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:40 pm

for $65 shipped, I could no longer pass on this. Glad I finally picked it up
I'm happy with my blend. Not the greatest, but not that shabby either. Easily my fav official art print release by Dan this year.
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
tdimatt
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:03 pm

This reminds me of a nice night drive up I-89. Hopefully I'll pick one up at some point.
SpreadHeadLINC
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:08 am

Just ordered the frame for this print. I'll be sure to post pics when I finish it! :pint:
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:56 pm

SpreadHeadLINC wrote:Just ordered the frame for this print. I'll be sure to post pics when I finish it! :pint:
Please do, I'm gonna pick one up...I'd like to see another framing job
wneff
Art Expert

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:53 pm

When I look at this image, I ponder whether it should have been called Turn in the Road or Hairpin Turn. In hindsight, I think Dan's art and business model took a sharp turn about this point.

Not a judgment, just an observation.