Isis Baroness Australia New Zealand Japan 10 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:35 pm

greasy wrote:
jjbehren wrote:
ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:how many different shops has his stuff been screened in?
BONA
Diesel Fuel
D&L
Decoder Ring (I think they printed Nesting, right?)
.....and Bieler Press did Dead Man
gickelz don't count fool!
not dead
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:38 pm

greasy wrote:
jjbehren wrote:
ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:how many different shops has his stuff been screened in?
BONA
Diesel Fuel
D&L
Decoder Ring (I think they printed Nesting, right?)
.....and Bieler Press did Dead Man
But that wasn't screened. Inkjet and letterpress.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:44 pm

what did I just say? STFO SMITHERS
not dead
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Those two whizzes above beat me to it. He asked about screening.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:47 pm

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:what did I just say? STFO SMITHERS
Not my fault your shizz didn't show up befores I gots to posting. I was being smart before I was being stupid.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
decker3984
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:13 pm

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:hmmm. color of the birdie feels a bit muted - moreso than I thought it would be.
I am pretty sure that is intentional (or at least to an extent). It is supposed to be smoke rising off the bird and it is kind of hard telling in the pics because it is only a few shades apart from the bottom/bird to the smoke rising off the top of the print but the entire print is actually a split fountain and Aaron said the idea was that the smoke was basically disappearing as it rose into the darkness.

He also said when he was editioning the prints that he was super impressed with the consistency that they nailed the split on every single print in the run. I would say that is pretty high praise.

But as far as the color difference on the split, since it is pretty damn subtle it is easier if you compare the bird to the scroll work at the bottom. Color on scroll & color on top of split = same.
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Yeah, I understand the smokiness and intentionality behind muting that sort of color to match the concept. I neglected to
post that, but I get it. I guess I wished for more opacity and starker contrast.

I would be interested to see how it looks in person, although I will probably not pay what flippers will be asking for this.
not dead
roo
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:47 pm

jhulud wrote:
roo wrote:Anyone know what these would cost at a show?(opprox), ??
Over at Vinyl Collective, someone from NZ posted that they were $15 NZ. Does that help?
That sounds to cheap,, :shock: But it would be great if they were $15 but i cant see it as that is $10.50 US :shock:
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:22 am

roo...you picking me up one at the show? 8)
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:34 am

I think I should get in on that as well :wink:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:35 am

:lol:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:36 am

:lol: never hurts to ask. beg. call it what you will...
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
decker3984
Art Expert

Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:08 pm

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:Yeah, I understand the smokiness and intentionality behind muting that sort of color to match the concept. I neglected to
post that, but I get it. I guess I wished for more opacity and starker contrast.
Well, as for a starker contrast, I think the regular "blue" version is going to be on black paper should it should be a little stronger contrast from the inks used. The pics posted on the Megafauna blog are of the variant which was printed on dark blue paper, which could make it appear a little more muted?
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
mybigblackdog
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:08 am

would love to know if this poster is / was available at any of the other Aussie shows. I was at the Melbourne gig on Thursday and they had none and the merch. guy knew nothing about them.
deancc
Art Expert

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:37 am

very disappointing. i was at the Melbourne show too. rocked up early with a plan to grab some posters - one for myself and a bunch to help out some other EB peeps. didn't see them so i asked the merch guy if they had any. he says, "sorry, they didn't make it," whatever that means. later on i was speaking to one of the Isis guys and asked what was up with them. he was surprised too and said he thought there were still plenty left. he had no idea where they were. so yeah, no posters for anyone, including myself. so it goes.

at least it was a good show. Isis is always great and it was my first time seeing Baroness. pretty rad.

anyway, if anyone else grabbed some and has a spare, please hit me up.