Widespread Panic Milwaukee 09 Sperry

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
kyle
Art Expert

Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:59 pm

OneStepAhead wrote:
kyle wrote:
like most of you, i'd rather see the money go to the artist. schwing !
personally id rather see the money to go to us, but hey maybe thats just me.
who is this "us" you speak of ?
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:26 pm

ricv64 wrote:those circles are like that tab's just startin to kick in

mmm .... windowpane.
mmmmm ..... naked honey with long wild hair.

Another gorgeous piece, Chuck!
"Those English kids want to play the blues so bad—and they do play the blues so bad".
Sonny Boy Williamson on the feeble attempts by '60's British bands to play the blues.
effzio
Art Enthusiast

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Chuck,

This has to be one of your dopest posters.

good job!

zio
birdwell
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:18 pm

Really Nice Work !!!
Rainbows & Butterflies
pjtaper
Art Freak

Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:20 pm

strict limit, two per person.
i may be out on this one... $40 ticket and my friend isn't a panic fan
pne...umonia
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:35 pm

Flippers start your engines... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
soulshine
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:46 pm

I just got home - left at the break. NO LIMIT on the amount of posters you could purchase. I was the first person at the merch table and the first print numbered off the top was 35. They had one box of tubes that I noticed and there were only a handful of people asking for them which is a shame as many fans just rolled 'em up and banged them off people leaving the area. Table was cash only & by my best guess sold out 45 minutes after the door opened as the person who sat next to me asked if I would be interested in selling mine because no more were available when he was there.

s~s
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:49 pm

soulshine wrote:NO LIMIT on the amount of posters you could purchase
ridiculous
this aggression will not stand, man.
soulshine
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:50 pm

I witnessed a person buying 6. He was one of the few requesting a tube but there is no way he got them in there...the paper is super thick.

s~s
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:03 am

yep sounds about right...morons at the merch table....guess these will be on the bay quite soon and that looks like where i will find mine...damn!

why is panic of all bands so lame about their posters? their shitty posters are available in HUGE runs and linger online for years after the shows. but anytime there is actually a nice print the only way to get it is at the show...and they sell out so there is no hope for us art lovers. why is panic against the artist selling their own work personally?

cmon, someone tell me that chuck will have some of these on his site for us to pickup, please....

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.com/Widespread-Panic-Mi ... 936wt_1167

and the fun begins...thanks.
Last edited by southerngarden on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:04 am

maybe because bands make money off of their merch?
not dead
jimmyhoops
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:21 am

soulshine wrote:I just got home - left at the break. NO LIMIT on the amount of posters you could purchase. I was the first person at the merch table and the first print numbered off the top was 35. They had one box of tubes that I noticed and there were only a handful of people asking for them which is a shame as many fans just rolled 'em up and banged them off people leaving the area. Table was cash only & by my best guess sold out 45 minutes after the door opened as the person who sat next to me asked if I would be interested in selling mine because no more were available when he was there.

s~s
Often times on multiple night runs they will only sell a set number per show. At least there is some degree of fairness in the world :roll:
~JimmyHoops...Widespread Panic and Grateful Dead Poster Fanatic!
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:34 am

What was the original price?
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:36 am

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:maybe because bands make money off of their merch?
what's your point?

plenty of bands (pearl jam, dinosaur jr, phish, drive by truckers) make money off their merch but also allow the artists to sell their work personally through their own sites. id think that a band like panic would have no problem doing this...instead their prints end up on ebay and some undeserving douchebag makes money off panic and the artist. so in an effort to make more money for themselves the band ends up pissing off fans??...i doubt thats their intention...i bet they just dont give a fudge.

EDIT: oh fudge 700th post....
Last edited by southerngarden on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:42 am

yeah, my buddy said he took care of me...
i'll get pics tomorrow, list something on the bay... i hope to keep one of these for my collection, although I already have my WSP print to frame...