Pearl Jam Washington 06 Klausen

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
all4pearljam
Art Enthusiast

Wed May 31, 2006 2:08 pm

What an awesome poster, i was lucky enough to get one. Best of this tour no dobut, one of the best PJ posters ive ever seen. I usually dont like Klaussen's work, but he did a great job on this one
pjtaper
Art Freak

Wed May 31, 2006 3:53 pm

I have an extra DC 06. I really want a Boston #1 poster. I was shut out when I tried to buy it. I also want a Detroit, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, or chicago poster.

I don't know exactly how the trading works, I am very trustworthy though, and have a lot of pearl jam friends that will vouch for me...

let me know!

Also, I am going to the NJ shows, so I could try to get extras there to trade for the above mentioned posters!
sasquatch
Art Expert

Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:33 am

predictable. simplisic.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:49 am

josephrose wrote:predictable. simplisic.
Republican maybe?
all4pearljam
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:18 am

turnJBup wrote:
Republican maybe?
seriously...i dont see anything simplistic about it. It is by far the best poster of the group
kavond
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:36 am

Anyone have the dimensions?
djspikez
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:09 am

turnJBup wrote:
Republican maybe?
Save your political rambling for another board. It is getting quite old. If you need to "Hug a Tree" go ahead, I did when I was younger. Rember the only reason we can even print an image like this is becaues we live in a FREE country, regardless if your a Republican or Democrat. Do you think the Chinese let their artist express themselves in this manner?
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:20 am

djspikez wrote:
turnJBup wrote:
Republican maybe?
Save your political rambling for another board. It is getting quite old. If you need to "Hug a Tree" go ahead, I did when I was younger. Rember the only reason we can even print an image like this is becaues we live in a FREE country, regardless if your a Republican or Democrat. Do you think the Chinese let their artist express themselves in this manner?

turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:46 am

djspikez wrote:
turnJBup wrote:
Republican maybe?
Wake up! Your free country days are over. We don't have a vote anymore! That's freedom? Most countries have more freedoms than we do... Learn how to spell.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:47 am

turnJBup wrote:Learn how to spell.

:lol:
sasquatch
Art Expert

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:45 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Republican maybe?
Can't ever remember being called a Republican. Just don't like the art. I find it rather predictable. Reeper=America in Iraq. Anti-Christian background. "Original lettering" = font every high school garage metal band has put on their xeroxed posters. This has all been done before, and it sells a simplistic stand on a complicated world. For instance, most Christians around the world oppose the war. Equating the reeper to America in Iraq may make sense, especially as we read about innoncent women and children being gunned down by Marines. But it's been done before. Simplistic. Perdictable. Maybe we're all just responding to the reality that this tour's PJ posters, for the most part, reek something awful.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:22 pm

josephrose wrote:
turnJBup wrote:
Republican maybe?
Can't ever remember being called a Republican. Just don't like the art. I find it rather predictable. Reeper=America in Iraq. Anti-Christian background. "Original lettering" = font every high school garage metal band has put on their xeroxed posters. This has all been done before, and it sells a simplistic stand on a complicated world. For instance, most Christians around the world oppose the war. Equating the reeper to America in Iraq may make sense, especially as we read about innoncent women and children being gunned down by Marines. But it's been done before. Simplistic. Perdictable. Maybe we're all just responding to the reality that this tour's PJ posters, for the most part, reek something awful.

The type at the bottom of the poster is identical to the Washington Post newspaper.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:58 pm

josephrose wrote:
turnJBup wrote:
Republican maybe?
Can't ever remember being called a Republican. Just don't like the art. I find it rather predictable. Reeper=America in Iraq. Anti-Christian background. "Original lettering" = font every high school garage metal band has put on their xeroxed posters. This has all been done before, and it sells a simplistic stand on a complicated world. For instance, most Christians around the world oppose the war. Equating the reeper to America in Iraq may make sense, especially as we read about innoncent women and children being gunned down by Marines. But it's been done before. Simplistic. Predictable. Maybe we're all just responding to the reality that this tour's PJ posters, for the most part, reek something awful.
Joseph, that's explaining it! I see where you are coming from now, sorry for calling you a republican... It may be predictable, but not to many bands would allow their name to be written across the top. I like all the anti bush stuff coming out. Bush as a monkey, ( Ames 03 ) that's predictable! I dig the lettering too.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:20 pm

turnJBup wrote:
josephrose wrote:
turnJBup wrote:
Republican maybe?
Can't ever remember being called a Republican. Just don't like the art. I find it rather predictable. Reeper=America in Iraq. Anti-Christian background. "Original lettering" = font every high school garage metal band has put on their xeroxed posters. This has all been done before, and it sells a simplistic stand on a complicated world. For instance, most Christians around the world oppose the war. Equating the reeper to America in Iraq may make sense, especially as we read about innoncent women and children being gunned down by Marines. But it's been done before. Simplistic. Predictable. Maybe we're all just responding to the reality that this tour's PJ posters, for the most part, reek something awful.
Joseph, that's explaining it! I see where you are coming from now, sorry for calling you a republican... It may be predictable, but not to many bands would allow their name to be written across the top. I like all the anti bush stuff coming out. Bush as a monkey, ( Ames 03 ) that's predictable! I dig the lettering too.
A buddy of mine mentioned this to me.....it's an interesting thought. There's a recent wave of anti-gov't posters........there's the anti-clinton stuff from the 90's and the recent bush bashing stuff.

But, with all the stuff going on in the 60's w/ the vietnam war........how come there are no anti-nixon/LBJ/etc. images on the 60's and 70's rock posters?
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:57 am

jojobadass wrote:
turnJBup wrote:
josephrose wrote:
turnJBup wrote: Republican maybe?
A buddy of mine mentioned this to me.....it's an interesting thought. There's a recent wave of anti-gov't posters........there's the anti-clinton stuff from the 90's and the recent bush bashing stuff.

But, with all the stuff going on in the 60's w/ the vietnam war........how come there are no anti-nixon/LBJ/etc. images on the 60's and 70's rock posters?
They're were I'm sure. Not as many as the anti-bush art surfacing. Nixon/LBJ were a little more subtle in screwing us too. I doubt too many people knew what old posters would be worth, plus the drugs were better? Just guessing... :)