Pearl Jam Washington 06 Klausen

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:00 am

Saw all the new PJ prints in person last night.

DC is obviously a really nice print. grim reaper is holding dog tags........I've been trying to figure out what they were. However, I'm not sure how anyone is going to keep this print in mint condition.......it's got that lame flat black ink that just shows every minor imperfection.

Anyhow, after seeing them all in person.........The Toronto Klausen may have the coolest metallic blue ink I've ever run across........it was by far my favorite of the bunch.
BrodysDad
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:07 pm

jojobadass wrote:Saw all the new PJ prints in person last night.

DC is obviously a really nice print. grim reaper is holding dog tags........I've been trying to figure out what they were. However, I'm not sure how anyone is going to keep this print in mint condition.......it's got that lame flat black ink that just shows every minor imperfection.
store it flat and frame it asap
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:14 pm

BrodysDad wrote:

Unless you get this from Klausen direct........I find it hard to believe that any of the ones sold at the show weren't scuffed by the merch guys. As soon as they peel one of the pile they're scuffing the print underneath......at least that's what it looks like to me.

The one I saw had minor handling scuffs that could probably be doctored. But, the fact is that flat black ink is crap.......I absolutely hate it.
Angi
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:52 pm

the merch guys were pretty hard on the prints at the shows that i went to, but the folks at DC were pretty good. you're right though.. it's tough to keep these ones looking good.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:41 pm

Poll results just came in from Europe: George W. Bush is more of a threat to world peace than Iran or Korea. Old news I know....
usamamasan1
Art Expert

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:14 pm

turnJBup wrote:Poll results just came in from Europe: George W. Bush is more of a threat to world peace than Iran or Korea. Old news I know....
bullshit
mbrennan
Art Expert

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:40 pm

I agree black ink looks cool
for handling= bad

jojobadass wrote:
BrodysDad wrote:

Unless you get this from Klausen direct........I find it hard to believe that any of the ones sold at the show weren't scuffed by the merch guys. As soon as they peel one of the pile they're scuffing the print underneath......at least that's what it looks like to me.

The one I saw had minor handling scuffs that could probably be doctored. But, the fact is that flat black ink is crap.......I absolutely hate it.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:41 am

usamamasan1 wrote:
turnJBup wrote:Poll results just came in from Europe: George W. Bush is more of a threat to world peace than Iran or Korea. Old news I know....
bullshit
Guess you wouldn't have heard watching Faux news.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:45 pm

Familiar, if not somewhat tired, concept, but beautiful execution on the poster. I love it.

So really, how do I get one of these???
kavond
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:59 pm

Go on e-bay bid $200.
BrodysDad
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:16 pm

kavond wrote:Go on e-bay bid $200.
try $500
McDung
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:56 pm

Flimby

Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:15 pm

McDung wrote:This was just in recently
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
$810?
yeah right.
that is either shill bidding, stupidity or both
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:51 pm

I don't see why this one is so popular. Maybe if I was 16 again I would like it a bit more. Then again, I try to avoid buying overtly political/religious posters.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:01 pm

Flimby wrote:
McDung wrote:This was just in recently
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
$810?
yeah right.
that is either shill bidding, stupidity or both

well, it was poster of the week you know.