Ketsueki 09 Malleus

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ill
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:20 pm

tj wrote:Everyone keeps siting fairytale but what about eater of men? Is it only money that fires everyone up or integrity?
I don't think many of us have ever seen the original John Spencer Blues Explosion poster to compare. That thing is impossible to find. I could probably find multiples of any other old malleus before I could track that thing down for any price. That said, Eater of Men is total crap. They took a PHENOMENAL gig poster and turned it into a mediocre art print by removing the very aspects that made it a compelling print in the first place, the band text for the blood and the faces for the teeth.
tj wrote: New glitter bedazzle ink isn't as cool in my opinion.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will never frame something with glitter on it. No print has ever been made better with glitter.
clem99
EB Team

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:25 pm

evillittlegoat wrote:Theres another yet to be revealed, at a complete guess Id say Linea.
We’re also gonna unveil the last of the 3 art prints we’re gonna take with us at TRPS in october. Let’s say it’s a poster we did some years ago, there was a very big help when I first wrote on the blog about it…and there’s a lot of shadow in it. I can tell You it’s a three colours on white glittered paper, it’s been printed trying to make it appear a “old” print, exploiting the paper that is not 100% smooth… You’ll see what I mean very soon.
We’ve done 2 different series, one of 50 and one of 30 pieces.
Ok, stop for now or I’ll tell You too much and if I say a lot what will I write in the next posts?
art is the only justification for pain :)
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:05 am

Bad news is better all at once. :P
dirkstainly
EB Team

Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:25 am

clem99 wrote: We’re also gonna unveil the last of the 3 art prints we’re gonna take with us at TRPS in october. Let’s say it’s a poster we did some years ago, there was a very big help when I first wrote on the blog about it…and there’s a lot of shadow in it. I can tell You it’s a three colours on white glittered paper, it’s been printed trying to make it appear a “old” print, exploiting the paper that is not 100% smooth… You’ll see what I mean very soon.
We’ve done 2 different series, one of 50 and one of 30 pieces.
Ok, stop for now or I’ll tell You too much and if I say a lot what will I write in the next posts?
This is the first one that comes to mind with the "shadow" comment. Possibility?

deancc
Art Expert

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:15 am

i was thinking this one:

oh man, i'll be all over it, if it is. i LOVE that poster!!!
jmacd
Art Expert

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:44 am

deancc wrote:i was thinking this one:

and yes that would be sweet!!!!
mcgod
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:41 am

Yep, the shadow comment definitely hints at that one... 3 colors make sense as well.
pewter14
EB Team

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:49 am

jmacd wrote:

and yes that would be sweet!!!!
See this is one where the band makes the print, well ... at least for me it does.

While, finding one of these is near imposible, I may just keep waiting for the gigposter. I'll probably cave and pick this up when I see it in person though. If, this is indeed the one.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:46 pm

The Cure IS on different paper... it's a white glitter paper.
This is getting worse by the day.
If they make an artprint out of the Cure poster it will be a huge flail.
Probably the last straw for me, I will be long gone when the paster open edition comes out.
Isn't there already a large handbill art print of that image already out there?
All this time spent digging up existing posters to rehash could have been spent on new art.
Seems like all the time spent numbering art was time wasted as well.... ridiculous.
twiztid_nl
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:23 pm

I kind of hate the idea, sure I want some of those sold out prints, but imo, the fun of collecting is not being able to get everything and be really glad when you eventually do get the print you desire so much.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tetra Hydro Cannabinol
scattergood
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:37 pm

Bet this looks fantastic depite the glitter red ink feeling forced.
This rehashing-reprinting is distasteful. It leaves me with the residue of betrayal. I can't help but think they are getting and believing very poor advice when it comes to marketing their skills. They are better than this. Current practices may not alienate core fans but are sure to diminish their passion. This is a bummer.
The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may very well be another profound truth. Niels Bohr
GreenMt
Art Expert

Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:09 pm

This is what I think of their Art Prints:

Catarax
Art Expert

Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:22 pm

twiztid_nl wrote:I kind of hate the idea, sure I want some of those sold out prints, but imo, the fun of collecting is not being able to get everything and be really glad when you eventually do get the print you desire so much.
i understand where you are coming from, but sometimes I don't desire a print because it isn't an art print..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:16 pm

GR8Dane wrote:Where is jojo???
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Probably eating.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.