Ketsueki 09 Malleus

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:25 am

ill wrote:Nice! (but only because I never hunted down a Verdena... if I had I'd probably be kinda upset right now)
kyle
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:19 pm

*is upset right now.

:lol:

oh well. drymounters. :wink:
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:37 pm

evillittlegoat wrote:The run is 105, 60 available at TRPS.
60 is a lot, I like that. But, something tells me this ain't gonna be cheap.

We shall see in a few weeks.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
KNEEL13
EB Team

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:43 pm

The skateboard deck I have of this is beautiful, but I'd love to get my hands on one of these. :drool:
tranito
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:45 pm

jojobadass wrote:reprints still suck.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
GreenMt
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:48 pm

machination wrote:
ill wrote:Nice! (but only because I never hunted down a Verdena... if I had I'd probably be kinda upset right now)
Was thinking the same thing.

Okay. Seeing as this subject has already been broached by a number of our esteemed members, I shall add my feelings.

I am one of those who spent over a year trying to locate and purchase the Verdena. My only real "holy grail". I spent a great deal of money to purchase this, but it seemed like a fair price given THE RARITY and desirability of this print.

I have been an enormous fan of Malleus. I have a collection of over 200 of their prints.

The Ketsueki will unquestionably make (a variant of) this image available to more collectors, and many people happy, and clearly generate significant revenues for Malleus.

As an owner of Verdena, my initial reaction, however, is betrayal. I say this not in anger, but with great sadness, and I have already taken steps to reach out to Malleus about this in a more private way
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:59 pm

tranito wrote:

So I guess MEI 2006 is next years rehash?
I had a uneasy feeling when Fairytale came out... now it's a bad feeling.
Wish they would just put out new art instead of turning customers into donkeys for spending a fortune on a poster that has a scheduled demise.
tranito
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:49 pm

turnJBup wrote:
tranito wrote:

Wish they would just put out new art instead of turning customers into donkeys for spending a fortune on a poster that has a scheduled demise.
I totally share your thoughts.

The pleasure of owning this ''new'' print, a chance I never had with the Verdena, will never be as important as the pleasure I had dreaming of getting my hands on one of those scarce, printed once and for good print or the pleasure of actually chasing one of those disappeared prints...
Don't want to make a big story out of this.. this print will be cool to add to the collection. But the price to pay is that, it ain't as cool for me as it was to collect and chase older Malleus. The practices just make it less fun imo.. I feel I'm less and less of a die hard Malleus collecting fan and this plays a big role..
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
ricv64
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:53 pm

looks like a different red metalic in this . edvard munch use to redo prints quite often , it ain't easy to print , i'm also sure it's a upgrade in their printing skills .
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
tj
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:01 pm

turnJBup wrote:
tranito wrote:

I think their Mei03 and 06 work much better with text than without. If they reprinted either, I think the reprints wouldn't come out too great.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:22 pm

Where is jojo???
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:22 pm

You've all been Hampton'd!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Catarax
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:59 pm

i like art prints..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:58 pm

ricv64 wrote:looks like a different red metalic in this . edvard munch use to redo prints quite often , it ain't easy to print , i'm also sure it's a upgrade in their printing skills .

It's easier to re-use old art than it is to come up with new art.
Now we know the 1K plus prints we paid for were just practice.... I feel much better.
tranito
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:15 pm

GreenMt wrote:
machination wrote:
Was thinking the same thing.

Okay. Seeing as this subject has already been broached by a number of our esteemed members, I shall add my feelings.

I am one of those who spent over a year trying to locate and purchase the Verdena. My only real "holy grail". I spent a great deal of money to purchase this, but it seemed like a fair price given THE RARITY and desirability of this print.

I have been an enormous fan of Malleus. I have a collection of over 200 of their prints.

The Ketsueki will unquestionably make (a variant of) this image available to more collectors, and many people happy, and clearly generate significant revenues for Malleus.

As an owner of Verdena, my initial reaction, however, is betrayal. I say this not in anger, but with great sadness, and I have already taken steps to reach out to Malleus about this in a more private way
Thx for chiming in on the subject Bill. I'm glad you contacted the Malleus crew about this. They definitly needed to hear a voice like yours.. :clap: And I'm sure it could represent quite a few around here..