Ketsueki 09 Malleus

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
willg
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:22 am

aahnutz wrote:
moonshine wrote:reprints are an obvious money grab and I think a big mistake for Malleus....pissing off their hardcore collectors is stupid because they don't have a big enough base of collectors.., The only time I ever hear "Malleus" is when I am here....Some of their stuff is really nice...but they are sooo overrated and except for the older stuff, I really don't see their value holding....and with these reprints I would now never chase down an older print.
1) I don't think it's a money grab or a big mistake.
2) I'm not pissed off. Neither are some other members here who have been collecting their work for five years or more.
3) Their base has been expanding over the past two to three years. Unfortunately, at the same time, there has been a growing number of people who only buy to resell - thus driving the price up on their prints.
4) Disregard the hype here. But you're mistaken if you think EB is the only place their work is discussed.
5) Overrated? I don't think so. How many pieces do you own?
6) I only buy what I like so the "holding value" argument doesn't work for me.
7) There's still a few older pieces I wish I owned, but I refuse to pay some of the outrageous sums others are paying. I don't cry over it. Who knows...maybe some day I'll get lucky.
I get pissed off when people are accused of not being real fans and not allowed opinions because they didn't collect Malleus before 2007. I guess pissed is an exaggeration.. mildly annoyed is more accurate. But it comes up ofter and is pretty silly IMHO.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:29 am

Bands put out greatest hits albums that are remastered and even the original album remastered.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:37 am

willg wrote:
aahnutz wrote:2) I'm not pissed off. Neither are some other members here who have been collecting their work for five years or more.
I get pissed off when people are accused of not being real fans and not allowed opinions because they didn't collect Malleus before 2007. I guess pissed is an exaggeration.. mildly annoyed is more accurate. But it comes up ofter and is pretty silly IMHO.
I didn't get that from aahnutz's post.
aahnutz
EB Team

Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:24 am

willg wrote:I get pissed off when people are accused of not being real fans and not allowed opinions because they didn't collect Malleus before 2007. I guess pissed is an exaggeration.. mildly annoyed is more accurate. But it comes up ofter and is pretty silly IMHO.
I never said newer collectors are not real fans nor did I say they weren't entitled to their opinions. I was just merely stating that several members here who have been collecting Malleus prints for five years or more aren't upset by the fact that new art prints are being offered based on previous designs. That's all.
Or are we debating the definition of "hardcore"? :?
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:28 am

aahnutz wrote:
willg wrote:I get pissed off when people are accused of not being real fans and not allowed opinions because they didn't collect Malleus before 2007. I guess pissed is an exaggeration.. mildly annoyed is more accurate. But it comes up ofter and is pretty silly IMHO.
Or are we debating the definition of "hardcore"? :?
Better get greasy in on this debate then.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:17 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:Bands put out greatest hits albums that are remastered and even the original album remastered.
What does albums or movies have to do with LIMITED EDITION art? :lol:
Whatever....
Malleus fans have been buying numbered copies... ever see a DVD signed and numbered?

The point y'all are trying to make is the "improvement" and "It's different than the 1st edition" load of crap.
It's a reprint - plain and simple.
When Malleus get as popular as Dali then talk to me.... :roll:
Michael Everett gets it... he is/was trying to make his existing art more solidified by having fans send it back, not reprint the fudge.
He approached his fans for input.

Last point is if you think the only people who are pissed about this are only the people who spent 2K on Vedena, that's shortsighted and naive.
I don't have it... I won't be buying the re-hash either.
It's not about one print, it's about compromised ethics and greed. The dildo is out, only a matter of time until all of Malleus collectors get drymounted with it.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:33 pm

turnJBup wrote:
ChefFerrari wrote:Bands put out greatest hits albums that are remastered and even the original album remastered.
What does albums or movies have to do with LIMITED EDITION art? :lol:
Whatever....
Malleus fans have been buying numbered copies... ever see a DVD signed and numbered?

The point y'all are trying to make is the "improvement" and "It's different than the 1st edition" load of crap.
It's a reprint - plain and simple.
When Malleus get as popular as Dali then talk to me.... :roll:
Michael Everett gets it... he is/was trying to make his existing art more solidified by having fans send it back, not reprint the fudge.
He approached his fans for input.

Last point is if you think the only people who are pissed about this are only the people who spent 2K on Vedena, that's shortsighted and naive.
I don't have it... I won't be buying the re-hash either.
It's not about one print, it's about compromised ethics and greed. The dildo is out, only a matter of time until all of Malleus collectors get drymounted with it.
So what is more important the art or the "value" of the art? That is the rub, a few people are worried that the original will lose value. Who gives a rats ass if you love the art on it. I have posters that I will never sell and could a fudge if they drop in value to nothing, I enjoy seeing them everyday.

I have wanted the Verdena since the day I saw it. Never spent any time trying to track it down. So I'm happy they are coming with this art print since I love the image on it.

Add money to a situation and peoples feelings are going to get hurt. Get over it move on.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:34 pm

I don't feel like reading this thread, but has anyone taken the time to say that this is just another poster?

I've sold a Verdena, and traded away two. Easy come, easy go. I'm glad I wasn't born a completist.
aahnutz
EB Team

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:41 pm

It's not a reprint if the band's name isn't on it. The Verdena is a gigposter. The Ketsueki is an art print.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:42 pm

talkingdeads wrote:I've sold a Verdena, and traded away two.
Way to get out while the getting is good!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:47 pm

Talk to me when you have over 100 different Malleus posters.
Ignoring the big picture... seems to be the way things are done these days.
Bottom line... they are drymounting their loyal fans, the ones who buy their art.
It is all about the money, otherwise they wouldn't be reprinting.
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Jim - 3, Chef - 0
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:04 pm

What about the fans that have been asking for this because they cant or wont drop $2k on the Verdena ?

How are they drymounting their fans ? Their fans buy their stuff because , oh wait it for it let me repeat myself, they enjoy the art work and dont care about "value".
ill
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:06 pm

So make an open edition. Regardless, like anything else you can't please everyone all the time.
tj
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:07 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage