Pearl Jam Seattle II 09 Ames

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
djklambake
Art Enthusiast

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:49 pm

yosi wrote:I honestly just don't get what you guys see in these Ames posters? And I'm not generally an Ames hater, I think they have done lots of awesome stuff throughout the years, but these Seattle posters are just gross.
The three Seattle PJ posters are very much tied to the city/venue. That's what I'm liking (remember the NYC 08 poster with Tree Guy stalking Elmer Fudd? I dig the poster, but has not much to do with NYC...). The mariner with the typewriter is a really solid piece (I still say Squatch surfing is better), and it feels very much like it belongs at the Seattle show.
yosi
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:45 am

djklambake wrote:
yosi wrote:I honestly just don't get what you guys see in these Ames posters? And I'm not generally an Ames hater, I think they have done lots of awesome stuff throughout the years, but these Seattle posters are just gross.
The three Seattle PJ posters are very much tied to the city/venue. That's what I'm liking (remember the NYC 08 poster with Tree Guy stalking Elmer Fudd? I dig the poster, but has not much to do with NYC...). The mariner with the typewriter is a really solid piece (I still say Squatch surfing is better), and it feels very much like it belongs at the Seattle show.
I hear that. I just think that the art isn't that appealing.
jimmybobo1
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:15 am

I heard the typewriter glows in the dark. Anyone confirm that?
sasquatch
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:19 am

sk8nshoot1 wrote:
jimrip wrote:Sort of looks like a Hampton screen IMO.
I can see that too...

Also, did they recycle the Pittsburgh typewriter from a couple years ago?
No. If you recall, that typewriter looked like a skull. This one's freehand and new. Show info on the paper.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:45 am

yosi wrote:
djklambake wrote:
Not sure what you're expecting. This is classic Ames-style Seattle gig art. These aren't art prints. They're gig posters. I own some of their 96 and 98 posters and I can tell you these Seattle posters are on or above par, especially night one. Love them. Framing up night one, the surfing Squatch, for my office this week.
yosi
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:18 pm

sasquatch wrote:
yosi wrote:
djklambake wrote:
Not sure what you're expecting. This is classic Ames-style Seattle gig art. These aren't art prints. They're gig posters. I own some of their 96 and 98 posters and I can tell you these Seattle posters are on or above par, especially night one. Love them. Framing up night one, the surfing Squatch, for my office this week.
To each his/her own. There are some Ames prints that I think are awesome, these aren't them. And I'm not just referring to their early PJ stuff. I like a bunch of their prints from 03-08. Just don't see the appeal of these. I know they aren't art prints, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't hold the art to a high standard.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:26 pm

jimmybobo1 wrote:I heard the typewriter glows in the dark. Anyone confirm that?
Colby Schulz, the artist, told me it was GID ink when I talked to him at the Ames booth. Alas, I don't think it is (unless it's supposed to take days to charge up).

Wish more artists would come on here to chat about their art. I see why they don't though.
jimmybobo1
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:11 pm

Thanks for the info.

The GID ink, if I am correct, shows up.bright when a light source is shined on it correct? Where as a glow in the dark obviously stores the energy (so to speak) and emits it when there is no light source...
stot
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:37 pm

I just got my tube from Ames and it included a messed up test print but it was signed by both and numbered 1/1. Pretty cool imho. Thanks Ames Bros!
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:01 pm

how do you have a messed up test print?
mmmm Beer :pint:
stot
Art Enthusiast

Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:54 pm

Kdh12 wrote:how do you have a messed up test print?
Looks like they did a couple colors, then the word Seattle was on top instead of bottom. They signed it and put it in my tube. I did get a s/n edition of this poster that wasn't messed up. Maybe "messed up test print" isn't the right lingo.
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:00 pm

stot wrote:
Looks like they did a couple colors, then the word Seattle was on top instead of bottom. They signed it and put it in my tube. I did get a s/n edition of this poster that wasn't messed up. Maybe "messed up test print" isn't the right lingo.

from Ames details:
Set comes with 4 posters from Pearl Jam's Backspacer Tour.

Seattle - Sept 21st. Edition of 200.
Seattle - Sept 22nd. Edition of 200.
Official Outside Lands Festival Poster - Aug 28-30. Edition of 200.
Free Printer Proof. Edition of 1(each print unique)
stot
Art Enthusiast

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:09 pm

But-we-unleashed-a-lion wrote:
stot wrote:

from Ames details:
Set comes with 4 posters from Pearl Jam's Backspacer Tour.

Seattle - Sept 21st. Edition of 200.
Seattle - Sept 22nd. Edition of 200.
Official Outside Lands Festival Poster - Aug 28-30. Edition of 200.
Free Printer Proof. Edition of 1(each print unique)
ah-ha. nowic. I completely forgot about that part. I'll post up a pic of mine later. Let's see some others too!
stot
Art Enthusiast

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:10 pm

I guess they messed up 200 times... geeze
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:29 pm

They only had 75 sets for sale and some more were split after individual prints sold

And they still don't ship overseas even after this huge fail!
Crazy!