Off The Grid 09 Brabant

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
7th_son
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:06 am

Was this quote always there on the buy page?

"A big THANK YOU to director Martin De Thurah for his blessing in designing this print "
mcnail
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:49 am

7th_son wrote:Was this quote always there on the buy page?

"A big THANK YOU to director Martin De Thurah for his blessing in designing this print "
Well fudge, that's pretty cool.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:01 am

7th_son wrote:Was this quote always there on the buy page?

Nope.......
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:11 am

People were talking about how it was "copying" a music video by the aforementioned director, so Brabant probably wanted to make the inspiration part clear.
mcgod
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:24 am

machination wrote:People were talking about how it was "copying" a music video by the aforementioned director, so Brabant probably wanted to make the inspiration part clear.
Hell it's so close it should have been the title of the piece just to avoid the appearance of impropriety
the one thing that impressed me about this one was the concept, which I now see wasn't his :?
gonzo303
Art Freak

Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:36 pm

got a sick little alien doodle next to the sig! Thanks Mark :notworthy:
Same fudge, different drop.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:04 pm

Mark is one of the best in customer service- tubes on the door.

It disappoints me that he no longer posts on the site but some folks just make it not worth it. (no direct accusations intended-he hasn't been around for a while)

Opinions are one thing but in the end, if you don't like the art- simple don't buy it.

But I hope Mark also understands that many of us think it's koooool for artists to step-in and say hello once in a while.

If anybody cares to see it- let me know and I will post a photo.
IggyD
Art Expert

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:08 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:Mark is one of the best in customer service- tubes on the door.

It disappoints me that he no longer posts on the site but some folks just make it not worth it. (no direct accusations intended-he hasn't been around for a while)

Opinions are one thing but in the end, if you don't like the art- simple don't buy it.

But I hope Mark also understands that many of us think it's koooool for artists to step-in and say hello once in a while.

Please do post and give your opinion the in person feeling

TIA :pint:
ReverendToneZone
Art Expert

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:19 pm

IggyD wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:Mark is one of the best in customer service- tubes on the door.

Please do post and give your opinion the in person feeling

TIA :pint:
Yeah, please post some pics. I'm on the fence with this one. I'm pretty broke at the moment and know I don't have the wall space (and probably never will) to put it up. I definitely love the image though, it's freaking awesome.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:21 pm

no problemo- in the next 30 minutes at the latest
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:00 pm

2 batches
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:02 pm

and let me think about how to word this to reflect a worthy post
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:04 pm

bonus - :lol:
byc101
Art Expert

Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:22 am

mcgod wrote:
machination wrote:People were talking about how it was "copying" a music video by the aforementioned director, so Brabant probably wanted to make the inspiration part clear.
Hell it's so close it should have been the title of the piece just to avoid the appearance of impropriety
the one thing that impressed me about this one was the concept, which I now see wasn't his :?
This is a major disappointment.
kramer73
Art Expert

Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:35 pm

mcgod wrote:
you're not a Fairey fan either, are you?

I like the print, not really enough to pick one up right now, but I do like it.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.