Off The Grid 09 Brabant

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
7th_son
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:31 pm

Great points from mcgod. Halftoning kills a print in person for me. ryefish makes a great point as well about the learning curve. There needs to be more of this discussion.. and having that Dec 1965 print as well, I have to say, same feelings.
tranito
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:12 pm

Very interesting read.. props to mcgod and ryefish.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
mcnail
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm sure he set up the file himself. I doubt he sent D&L a photo comp and said "separate this". If he did, then we should all be making prints.

As far as halftones, they are a necessary evil if you are using photographs (Crosshair excluded, he's got something figured out). That's why I like guys that hand-draw this landscape stuff like Danger and McCarthy. It should also be noted that some use halftones better than others.

To each their own I suppose.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Thanks for shedding some light on printing and such... it is what it is.
It's not the quality I look for, some like it, and it's appears others are disappointed as I am.
Pulled the trigger too soon is all.
dpk400

Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:05 am

I recently purchased this one. I really like it. It will fit perfectly in my basement. Is it the best I've seen, no, but it will work perfectly where I am putting it. Now to get that ultrawide frame and glass for it.