Inglourious Basterds 09 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:23 am

englundc wrote:I'm surprised he doesn't appear on the Stout print. Love to know why he is omitted.
Tyler made this prior to seeing the film.

From an old interview:
Tyler Stout: My INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS is not one of my favorite posters, unfortunately…

Man, I don’t want people that love it be like “Now that he mentions it… That actually does look really funny!” Just the composition, like the guys in the front I really like and then, of course, there’s the Brad Pitt face and I’m like “You know, I would have done him differently” and some of the ways the grays printed… We just printed flesh color on this AKIRA one where you are like “That actually looks cool to have all of the skin a certain color as opposed to white and then two different grays.” The grays on that one, for me, are not perfect. That has nothing to do with my screen printer of course, that all lays on me, but that’s just one of my little pet peeves where you have trouble looking at it like “That poster… I’d do it a little bit differently.”

I remember when we did that poster we did it all and it’s a very elaborate process to get it screen printed and then we get it delivered to Mondo on time, they have the screening and they are like “Everyone loves it” and then Rob calls and he’s like “Now that I’ve seen the movie…” And I had to make the poster without seeing the movie, so like I put all of those faces at the bottom thinking “These are the Inglourious Basterds, these are the main characters” and they are in the movie for like split seconds and he’s like “I’ve seen the movie, these are the people you should put down there…” I’m like “Rob, it’s already printed! We’ve done it already.” “Yeah, but what if we did your version for your site” and I’m just like “I want to be done with it.”
JMB4407

Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Hey guys, I’m new to this forum and kind of print sell/trade in general. I ended up with a fudge ton of art over the years and just stuck with my other hobbies 🤓.
Now need some money for rent because... life.
But I can not figure out a site that has any consistency, or even more than two in their gallery for me to look at and compare mine. I do have a lot. I just don’t know what is worth what, I don’t want to give fudge away but I also just want to pay rent, not rip people off.
IE Inglourious Basterds. I have 243/450. Not the best or worst condition. But the others I’ve seen are numbered and signed, mine is only numbered. What’s up with that?
theperfecttree
EB Team

Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:46 pm

welcome!

copies of Inglourious Basterds sold by mondo were only numbered and not signed. copies sold by Tyler were signed and numbered
JMB4407

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:42 pm

I didn’t see this response until now.
Thank you!
Is that how it is for a lot of them?
I was going to go to MondoCon today (I live in Austin) and just ask people. And now I’m actually really fascinated in the whole art of print and wouldn’t mind catching some knowledge :)
Thanks guys...
After party places?
theperfecttree
EB Team

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:48 am

For Stouts sold through mondo it's the norm for the copies sold by Mondo to not be signed. Anything Tyler sold himself is always signed.

Even when he had an in-person gallery show a few years back he only signed the copies he sold on his website
JMB4407

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:39 am

Can I offer to sell on this thread or only in the specific buy/sell/trade section?
Either way, I have a few prints I’ll be posting shortly. I’m not as emotionally involved with this one as some others and rent needs to be paid! :)
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:45 am

• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq