Evacuation I 09 Keyes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:43 am

axis wrote:I just bought one and my item number was 1831! My first Keyes :D
I noticed that item #1831 refers to the print. All of our orders are for item #1831. :)
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:49 am

First Keyes here also, more than happy to support the cause. Image looks beautiful, can't wait to see it in person. Might unfortunately start the dreaded $$$ snowball rolling once again when it comes to buying up artist's previous works.
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
nprbuffalo
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:02 pm

+1 glad there was a keyes I could pick up with ease and afford. To bad its only 8x10 its such an awesome piece of his, oh well.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:08 pm

I only got one of the Totem and regret that to this day. Would have liked to get more for gifts. I got 2 of these earlier this morning, one for me & one for my favorite aunt for her bday. I'm toying with getting a 3rd but I bought 4-5 posters since payday and my Amex is moaning.
smokeycat
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:11 pm

srdzevon wrote:Right on! Saw this last night about 3am cst and I was very confused for a second. Bought one of course :D .
except it was 7 am ish and there were but just a few posts.
:drool:
SWEET!
ImageImageImage
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:36 pm

D A M N... kinda torn. Without a doubt, this is one of my favorite images from Keyes, so I was hoping for a larger print. BUT, Tiny Showcase kicks some serious ass, the edition is being sold for a great cause and the 8 x 10 size makes it a no-brainer for immediate framing, gifts, etc. +3 and thanks for the heads up! How did you cats stumbles across this anyways? I usually get the update from Tiny Showcase, but nothing yet...

:pint:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
shoeless
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:46 pm

I just received email notice.

Glad I saw it earlier though. Low # ftw.
alngtheway
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:48 pm

never really understood the desire for low numbers. can someone please explain it to me? i would assume it doesnt have anything to do with print quality, but that is the only explanation i can really understand...
electrachrome
Site Admin

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:51 pm

comountaingolf wrote:D A M N... kinda torn. Without a doubt, this is one of my favorite images from Keyes, so I was hoping for a larger print. BUT, Tiny Showcase kicks some serious ass, the edition is being sold for a great cause and the 8 x 10 size makes it a no-brainer for immediate framing, gifts, etc. +3 and thanks for the heads up! How did you cats stumbles across this anyways? I usually get the update from Tiny Showcase, but nothing yet...
Josh has been talking about doing a new print for TinyShowcase on his forum.
I haven't checked, but maybe it was announced there first?
electrachrome
Site Admin

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Oh, and release discussion here please:
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?t=64996
alison03
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:53 pm

comountaingolf wrote:D A M N... kinda torn. Without a doubt, this is one of my favorite images from Keyes, so I was hoping for a larger print. BUT, Tiny Showcase kicks some serious ass, the edition is being sold for a great cause and the 8 x 10 size makes it a no-brainer for immediate framing, gifts, etc. +3 and thanks for the heads up! How did you cats stumbles across this anyways? I usually get the update from Tiny Showcase, but nothing yet...

:pint:
I heard about it via facebook last night. I am 'friends' (used loosely of course) with him and he posted the link to it.
Baker
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:01 pm

I went ahead and grabbed 3 of them. Figure they will make nice gifts for a couple of friends that have birthdays coming up. Great print and a great cause! :pint:
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:49 pm

electrachrome wrote:
Josh has been talking about doing a new print for TinyShowcase on his forum.
I haven't checked, but maybe it was announced there first?
Josh had updated the Tiny Showcase thread on his forum just before midnight last night...
http://joshkeyes.proboards.com/index.cg ... ge=4#14722

It looks like word made it over to here within an hour or so. I didn't get the actual TS e-mail announcement until 11:30CDT.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:57 pm

I just remember purchasing mine when the totals were at 210. Hopefully I get the low #s.
Same fudge, different drop.
RadicalRich1138
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:00 pm

Got mine at 198,199. Not that that's going to be my number though.
BigmanJames wrote: i am he who does drugs for my inlaws