Evacuation I 09 Keyes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
alison03
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:29 pm

I just got shipping confirmation saying it shipped via USPS First Class. I thought they were gonna get the total number and then start shipping out? We are moving this weekend so I thought I'd be clever and update my PayPal early with my new address for this purchase so it would be shipped there. Dang it.

Either way super excited to see this beauty. Love the image all around.
tourist504
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Easy yoinkage. w00t! :clap:
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
Kingfish
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Love the image and I think it is very fitting. $10,000 raised in under 24 hours for a great cause is pretty amazing!
alison03 wrote:I just got shipping confirmation saying it shipped via USPS First Class. I thought they were gonna get the total number and then start shipping out? We are moving this weekend so I thought I'd be clever and update my PayPal early with my new address for this purchase so it would be shipped there. Dang it.

For his last release it was numbered out of infinity, so the prints did not have the final edition number on them. The people w/ earlier orders got lower numbers and got their prints first.
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:05 pm

They will probably be doing the same with this release mine is hopefully under 80
Kingfish wrote:Love the image and I think it is very fitting. $10,000 raised in under 24 hours for a great cause is pretty amazing!
alison03 wrote:I just got shipping confirmation saying it shipped via USPS First Class. I thought they were gonna get the total number and then start shipping out? We are moving this weekend so I thought I'd be clever and update my PayPal early with my new address for this purchase so it would be shipped there. Dang it.

For his last release it was numbered out of infinity, so the prints did not have the final edition number on them. The people w/ earlier orders got lower numbers and got their prints first.
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
mdma
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Joshkeyes.net finally sent out an email about this release =D i just got it.

I am pleased to announce the release of a new print through Tiny Showcase.

This unsigned edition will be available March 22nd through March 29th, 2011.

It will no longer be available for purchase after that date.

$10 dollars from each print sold will be donated to Doctors Without Borders.
alison03
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Kingfish wrote:Love the image and I think it is very fitting. $10,000 raised in under 24 hours for a great cause is pretty amazing!

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. haha I thought I was being smart by changing my address ahead of time but obviously it backfired a bit. Not worried as I know I'll get it but just funny...the one time I get a print shipped to me within like 12 hours of ordering...lol :)
Last edited by alison03 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
recycler
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:16 pm

chalkdust wrote:
kingofprussia wrote:this is sweet.
Not if you're the fire hydrant.
Not if you own the OG! (Not sure if this has been said)

I bet the artist has the OG - probably how they made the giclee...(maybe has been said too)

Great cause JK!!!! (Been said - I'm Sure)
haven
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:03 pm

recycler wrote:
chalkdust wrote:
kingofprussia wrote:this is sweet.
Not if you're the fire hydrant.
Not if you own the OG! (Not sure if this has been said)

I bet the artist has the OG - probably how they made the giclee...(maybe has been said too)

Great cause JK!!!! (Been said - I'm Sure)
Whoever has this OG, why would this print release bother them? Not like the desirability or value of their piece of art is diminished in any way. And i would imagine Josh takes hi res photos of all his work, at least anything that has even a remote chance of being turned into a print.
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Excited to get my first Keyes, which I am sure will cause me to quickly want more. I wish it was a little larger but hey for $30 and a great cause I am more than happy. Have to love Tiny Showcase.
Goonies never say die!
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:15 pm

alngtheway wrote:never really understood the desire for low numbers. can someone please explain it to me? i would assume it doesnt have anything to do with print quality, but that is the only explanation i can really understand...
Just the bragging rights that you bought one earlier than someone with a higher number (if they really are numbering them in the order they were bought).
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
caleb
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:27 pm

JAWilmesJr wrote:Excited to get my first Keyes, which I am sure will cause me to quickly want more. I wish it was a little larger but hey for $30 and a great cause I am more than happy. Have to love Tiny Showcase.
my thoughts exactly
bisondice
Art Expert

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:29 am

Just ordered mine

It's for a great cause, so hopefully I get a number in the millions :)
ErocAfellar wrote:Once you start buying art for the image and not the perceived value, it becomes more fun and less stressful.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:09 am

I've always only been interested in Watcher #3 because of the fox, but not even enough to spend the money for it. This was an easy buy for sure.
gazastripper
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:02 am

Tadrules wrote:historically silkscreened runs have all been graded from best to worst and then editioned accordingly. best going to the AP run, and then numbering from best to good. ....not worst. that practice seems to have been forgotten about...and now they just pick the best for the AP run, and then just go to town on the rest. seems to be a lost practice, and like you said, wouldn't matter on a giclee no matter what.
got my Sowers print #346/350 and there was absolutely nothing wrong - NO FLAKING
automator
Nobody

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:04 am

New image Evacuation I 09 Keyes