Eryops Rising 09 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:28 pm

New image Eryops Rising 09 Horkey

byc101
Art Expert

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:46 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:you just made me really happy i bought htis.
And now I'm bummed that I didn't.
greasy
Art Expert

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:49 pm

byc101 wrote:
BlakeAronson wrote:you just made me really happy i bought htis.
And now I'm bummed that I didn't.
yea, i missed the onsale due to work.
27 wrote: One time i was walking down the tracks when i was 4 yrs old and this train raped me in my butt.
http://www.GRAFantasy.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayscollection/
solepole
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:10 pm

what are people's thoughts about what mats to use to frame this?
Stingers
Art Expert

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:44 pm

None more black .
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:25 pm

no mat.
8=====D~~~~
deancc
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:49 pm

definitely felt a bit odd pulling out a Horkey this small. didn't seem right after all the massive ones. i dig the print and dig the size. nice to have some variety.

framing: definitely black or no matt.
dr_flie
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Perhaps I psyched myself up too much.. but I was pretty underwhelmed. The print quality is definitely top notch.. but I think the size really kills it for me, especially at the price tag it came with. I also got a really high number which was disappointing. (not that numbers matter that much, but I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to pull the trigger and I was hoping on something at least under 25..) I think I'm going to sit with it for a while before I decide what to do with it.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:05 pm

dr_flie wrote:Perhaps I psyched myself up too much.. but I was pretty underwhelmed. The print quality is definitely top notch.. but I think the size really kills it for me, especially at the price tag it came with. I also got a really high number which was disappointing. (not that numbers matter that much, but I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to pull the trigger and I was hoping on something at least under 25..) I think I'm going to sit with it for a while before I decide what to do with it.

The low #'s go to subscribers.... so chances of getting one under 25/30 are pretty slim.....

I really like the print. Nice to have something a little smaller from Aaron for a change. The print job and the colors are wonderful!
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:07 pm

8x11 that costs $80 + $20 to frame.

or

18x38 (a normal horkey size) that costs $50 + $100+ to frame.

I'll take the lil guy, nice change in things.

as for my previous mention of framing with no mat, the border is super small on this print, like 1/4 before the image starts, so i may possibly use some mat.
8=====D~~~~
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:13 pm

GR8Dane wrote:
dr_flie wrote:Perhaps I psyched myself up too much.. but I was pretty underwhelmed. The print quality is definitely top notch.. but I think the size really kills it for me, especially at the price tag it came with. I also got a really high number which was disappointing. (not that numbers matter that much, but I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to pull the trigger and I was hoping on something at least under 25..) I think I'm going to sit with it for a while before I decide what to do with it.

The low #'s go to subscribers.... so chances of getting one under 25/30 are pretty slim.....

I really like the print. Nice to have something a little smaller from Aaron for a change. The print job and the colors are wonderful!
you know, it almost seems like BoNA sends them out backwards (i'm sure in reality it's just random) cuz i'm always VERY fast with my order and I pretty much always get an extremely high number. I mean this thing didn't sell out for quite a while and my order was through in seconds so I'm positive they're not sending them out in order from lowest (aside from subscribers) up.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
dr_flie
Art Expert

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:13 pm

GR8Dane wrote: The low #'s go to subscribers.... so chances of getting one under 25/30 are pretty slim.....

Didn't think about that. I'm going to let it flatten, then I'll see whether I still feel the same way. It wouldn't be the first time a print grew on me. Plus it maybe one of those pieces that needs to be framed before true judgment can be made. I think a mat is the way to go with a nice ornate gold frame.. maybe.. I'm feeling really indecisive..
mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:16 pm

I doubt they pay any attention whatsoever to the numbers once the sub stuff is handled.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:09 am

haha
got my print today
91/100
haha
kyle
Art Expert

Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:43 pm

i really love this.
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.