Heat Death 09 Geddes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
titanm3
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:10 pm

I wouldn't say one at a time, but its possible they do like 10 or so at a time. I don't see it being a problem though. But my heat death is #67, and ive noticed some being sold here and on some other forums in just the past few days, so I don't think it's going to be around much longer.
soph
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:25 am

Glad you like the heat death print :D and yes we're getting toward the end of the edition for that print.

yes - we have them printed in small numbers, about 10 at a time rather than the full edition all at once. These aren't off set prints - so it works to get them done in small numbers.

oh and i'm jeremy's wife - rather than just some random person answering your questions
rossi1102
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:50 am

soph wrote:Glad you like the heat death print :D and yes we're getting toward the end of the edition for that print.

yes - we have them printed in small numbers, about 10 at a time rather than the full edition all at once. These aren't off set prints - so it works to get them done in small numbers.

oh and i'm jeremy's wife - rather than just some random person answering your questions
Hey Soph, welcome and thanks for checking in. Now that this is getting some more exposure finally broke down and picked this up. Based on what others have said and the pictures online I'm really looking forward to seeing this in person.
titanm3
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi Soph, thanks for stopping by! I enjoy following both yours and Jeremy's blogs. You both do very cool work.

Framed mine up recently, and I just love it. Girlfriend stared at it for a really long time, then told me I need to get the rest of the series. She never EVER tells me to buy art, so that is the ultimate compliment.

The picture isn't great, but the print sure is.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:37 pm

anyone have any close up pics they could post of this print? I'm trying to decide if I want this or the cafe print. I kind of like this image better but there's something about the cafe that just keeps me going back to the jpeg over and over. They're both great though.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
Hahaajp
Art Expert

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:09 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:anyone have any close up pics they could post of this print? I'm trying to decide if I want this or the cafe print. I kind of like this image better but there's something about the cafe that just keeps me going back to the jpeg over and over. They're both great though.
+1 for close ups please!
titanm3
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:18 pm

right now its in a really crappy spot for lighting, but ill see what I can do tomorrow
Hahaajp
Art Expert

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:39 pm

titanm3 wrote:right now its in a really crappy spot for lighting, but ill see what I can do tomorrow
No rush, it would just be nice to see some detail shots of the quality eventually. :wink:
entropy
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Just placed my purchase for 2 Jeremy Geddes prints: "Heat Death" and "There is glory in our failure". The prints are about 25" x 11" and 23" x 14" in size, respectively. I knew I'd regret it forever if I didn't pull the trigger when I had the chance...

For anyone sitting on the fence, keep in mind that
1.) the prices include shipping from Australia and
2.) the AUD to US dollar exchange rate is favorable to us right now. A $150 price will really just take maybe $135 or so from your Paypal account. I purchased both for exactly $281.97.
hillsj2001
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:27 pm

entropy wrote:Just placed my purchase for 2 Jeremy Geddes prints: "Heat Death" and "There is glory in our failure". The prints are about 25" x 11" and 23" x 14" in size, respectively. I knew I'd regret it forever if I didn't pull the trigger when I had the chance...

2.) the AUD to US dollar exchange rate is favorable to us right now. A $150 price will really just take maybe $135 or so from your Paypal account. I purchased both for exactly $281.97.

i would like to see pics of "there is glory in our failure" when you receive them from jeremy...can't decide on the cosmonaut set or "heat death" and "freeway" or "heat death" and "glory"
Hahaajp
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:05 pm

hillsj2001 wrote:
entropy wrote:Just placed my purchase for 2 Jeremy Geddes prints: "Heat Death" and "There is glory in our failure". The prints are about 25" x 11" and 23" x 14" in size, respectively. I knew I'd regret it forever if I didn't pull the trigger when I had the chance...

i would like to see pics of "there is glory in our failure" when you receive them from jeremy...can't decide on the cosmonaut set or "heat death" and "freeway" or "heat death" and "glory"
If I had the cash I would definitely pick up Heat Death & Freeway. I think they would look great together.
entropy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:28 pm

hillsj2001 wrote: i would like to see pics of "there is glory in our failure" when you receive them from jeremy...
Will do. I don't expect their arrival for at least 3 weeks though.
hillsj2001 wrote:can't decide on the cosmonaut set or "heat death" and "freeway" or "heat death" and "glory"
Personally, I like the post-apocalyptic vibe of "heat death" and "there is glory in our failure". And each is strong enough to stand on its own. Especially with the details of the architecture in each piece... "Freeway" is cool, but seems to be more of a supplemental piece - it needs another for context. Just my dumb opinion.

The cosmonaut set I don't like as much because, at first glance, it's easy to just interpret them as commissions for NASA. I actually like how the set comes across as simultaneously eerie and "spiritual" though... Still, those just wouldn't fit well into my personal collection. Which you know is a subjective thing...
Hahaajp
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:57 pm

entropy wrote:
hillsj2001 wrote: i would like to see pics of "there is glory in our failure" when you receive them from jeremy...
Will do. I don't expect their arrival for at least 3 weeks though.
hillsj2001 wrote:can't decide on the cosmonaut set or "heat death" and "freeway" or "heat death" and "glory"
Personally, I like the post-apocalyptic vibe of "heat death" and "there is glory in our failure". And each is strong enough to stand on its own. Especially with the details of the architecture in each piece... "Freeway" is cool, but seems to be more of a supplemental piece - it needs another for context. Just my dumb opinion.

The cosmonaut set I don't like as much because, at first glance, it's easy to just interpret them as commissions for NASA. I actually like how the set comes across as simultaneously eerie and "spiritual" though... Still, those just wouldn't fit well into my personal collection. Which you know is a subjective thing...
This was my first thought initially when I saw both images. After looking at "Freeway" a few more times it really started to grow on me and now I feel as though it would be a strong enough image to stand on it's own. I do agree though that the concept isn't as strong as "Heat Death" at first but I think it's one of those images that grow on you over time. Maybe it's because I'm not a big fan of the "post-apocalyptic" feel in "There is Glory in Our Future" since it's a little dark for my taste but I see what you mean in how they compliment one another. Your opinion is very well thought out and not "dumb" at all. It's refreshing to actually discuss the art itself and not anything else.
titanm3
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:54 pm

i only own heat death so far (it was a gift), but actually there is glory is my favorite by far (and i absolutely love heat death (thats a lot of parenthesis)). The title really sets that image off for me, and its less obvious in the sense that the cosmonaut is almost a part of the landscape itself.
i really need to order that soon.

I'll try and shoot some pics now, see if I can get some lighting to cooperate.
titanm3
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:23 am

Disregard the color for these, the lights i shot under are very warm, and I don't feel like spending a lot of time processing them. Also shot at a higher iso, the print holds stronger than my camera. Any noise or artifacts in here are from the camera and reflection, the detail on the print is insane.