Ibogaine Conference Sayulita, Mexico 09 Hunter

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
tranito
Art Expert

Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:46 pm

This is such a terrific purchase for someone who comes late, stumbles on this beauty and decides he wants to catch up.
The 2nd printing probably helped prices not to skyrocket for a while, but you have to wonder how long will it last.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:16 pm

I concurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
itsdug
Art Expert

Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:32 pm

Wasn't the second printing due to a typo?
no comment ®
coleslaw
Art Expert

Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:38 pm

yes doug

1st print says Sayulitas, Mexico
2nd printing is spelled correctly Sayulita, MEX
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
mistergiggles
Art Enthusiast

Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Hot Dang I contacted Hunter on his blog thing and he has one for me I don't know if it is 1st or 2nd or whatever but he got back to me on a holiday weekend. pretty cool so far I am also intrigued by them movie posters that are steaming out of Texas and SanFran. That is what got me into collecting when I was a kid my Pops had all these cool 1 2 and 3 part movie adverts from the 30's and 40's then when the sixties happened it was Gameover with the Matrix and Fillmore and Avalon guys. Woooeee if only I'd kept a 10fth of what passed thru my paws we were trading the handbills and posters and sometimes loose jays like baseball cards and comix we once rolled a giant one out of a bindweed zigzag avalon poster and smoked it in the panhandle it was awful gagging harsh on the lung but what a groovy memory.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Dave's excellent about being able to contact (in my experiences)

LMFAO at the Zig Zag poster cone mr giggles :lol:
woodyland
Art Expert

Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:57 pm

tranito wrote:This is such a terrific purchase for someone who comes late, stumbles on this beauty and decides he wants to catch up.
The 2nd printing probably helped prices not to skyrocket for a while, but you have to wonder how long will it last.
Yes it was! :wink: And only because it ended up on the hot list. I tell ya, I've been in a cave or something.
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
tranito
Art Expert

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:10 pm

Well apparently you're not the only one cause mrgiggles got one direct from Dave, pothor sold one on ebay and adam sold one here. That's a total of 3 or 4 sales (depending if you bought or not from the cited sources) today only. Probably all of them cause it popped up in the hot today. That shows how it hooks instantly quite a lot of people who see it for the first time.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:33 pm

Hey giggles,
Regarding the movie posters, I think the only Texas (Alamo Draft House) image I have is for the film Tommy by Jesse Philips. I snagged the blue and gunmetal gray versions, and there are others. Both are awesome. Regarding the San Fran movie posters, Check out zoltron.com and talk to Dave Hunter for several awesome screenprints from the Red Vic.
A doobie rolled in a zigzag poster... now THAT'S a rolling paper. :notworthy: I think I may have partied with you sometime around 1970 (give or take a couple years)!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
woodyland
Art Expert

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:36 pm

And triporfreak listed a sale today but I'm not sure if it's from today or last Nov.
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
triporfreak
Art Expert

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:43 pm

yea, that one was from last November, 2009. i thought it would be relevant.
itsdug
Art Expert

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:59 pm

It raises the six month average!
no comment ®
coleslaw
Art Expert

Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:26 pm

triporfreak
Art Expert

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:16 pm

& worth every penny! superb print quality! oh, & mind-blowing!
southerngarden
Art Expert

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:19 pm

i was actually just chekin this bad boy out yesterday...it is superb! i'm really happy to have one in my collection...one of my favorite Hunter prints!