Obama Yes We Did 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:14 pm

SO about 5 days ago my replacement shows up for the damaged numbered unsigned got the same number that I sent back. LIke everyone has said great packing on their part. Get home tonight see the same kinda tube with the drymounted up cap on it. Figured it was the the inauguration print nope it was another yes we did with the same drymountin number on it. Now I have 2 prints with the same number on it.

:clap: :hanging:
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:55 pm

ChefFerrari wrote: Now I have 2 prints with the same number on it.
good things happen to good people
Scottman
New User

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:23 pm

My daughter returned her print to MoveOn and, like many of you, received a mint replacement with the same #. When I contacted MoveOn about replacing mine in hopes of getting the same number, here's the response:

Thanks for the e-mail. I am very sorry that your print was damaged. We definitely want you to be happy with your print and would be glad to send you out a replacement. Unfortunately, the reason your daughter's replacement print had the same number was due to a miscommunication with our shipper who was renumbering the replacement prints with the original number from the damaged print. They are no longer doing that and the replacements are now numbers from later in the series. If you would like to return your print for one from later in the series I would be glad to help you with that.
Please let me know.
Thanks for all you do.
Jesse
MoveOn.org Support

So, assuming that Shep hand numbered the original 5000, can we also assume that some arbitrary dude in the shipping department renumbered the replacements ? That really sucks. I'm of the mind to tell my daughter to return hers, once again, and ask for a Fairey-numbered print. I mean, jeez...this thing is appearing more jive-ass by the minute.
Caballero
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:48 pm

Scottman wrote:My daughter returned her print to MoveOn and, like many of you, received a mint replacement with the same #. When I contacted MoveOn about replacing mine in hopes of getting the same number, here's the response:

Thanks for the e-mail. I am very sorry that your print was damaged. We definitely want you to be happy with your print and would be glad to send you out a replacement. Unfortunately, the reason your daughter's replacement print had the same number was due to a miscommunication with our shipper who was renumbering the replacement prints with the original number from the damaged print. They are no longer doing that and the replacements are now numbers from later in the series. If you would like to return your print for one from later in the series I would be glad to help you with that.
Please let me know.
Thanks for all you do.
Jesse
MoveOn.org Support

So, assuming that Shep hand numbered the original 5000, can we also assume that some arbitrary dude in the shipping department renumbered the replacements ? That really sucks. I'm of the mind to tell my daughter to return hers, once again, and ask for a Fairey-numbered print. I mean, jeez...this thing is appearing more jive-ass by the minute.
Very happy to have sold mine. 8)
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:07 pm

such a racket... so tired of the emails citing another "charity" that needs $

Don't we all
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:such a racket... so tired of the emails citing another "charity" that needs $

Don't we all
Shep, can we get an "unemployed workers of Michigan" poster to raise funds for unemployed workers in Michigan???

ppppppppppleeease..... :cry:

(i even added a crying smiley to make it look more pathetic.)

*all proceeds go to me.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:53 am

My husband had a display of each type of Obama sticker on a bookshelf in our dining room but he unknowingly knocked this one down and my Akita pup tried to eat it. She got the backing off the sticker and when I found her it was stuck on her tongue LOL.

Point being that the vinyl sticker had a few teeth marks in it but was otherwise unscathed. Nice quality of work Sticker Robot!! :notworthy: :clap:

Peace,
KJ
Staunchy
Art Expert

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Scottman wrote:My daughter returned her print to MoveOn and, like many of you, received a mint replacement with the same #. When I contacted MoveOn about replacing mine in hopes of getting the same number, here's the response:

Please let me know.
Thanks for all you do.
Jesse
MoveOn.org Support

fairey does not number any of his prints...he does sign them but someone else numbers the prints.
i and i
AVP08
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:16 pm

Is it to late for me to return my damaged one and ask for a new mint one?
fluffhead
Art Expert

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:32 pm

AVP08 wrote:Is it to late for me to return my damaged one and ask for a new mint one?
Probably better off asking Move On than us :wink:
AVP08
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:39 pm

fluffhead wrote:
AVP08 wrote:Is it to late for me to return my damaged one and ask for a new mint one?
Do you have an email or number I can use to contact them?

Thanks!
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:40 pm

AVP08 wrote:
fluffhead wrote:
Do you have an email or number I can use to contact them?

Thanks!

go back a couple pages, I think I saw all the details.
mondiablue
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:55 pm

If it's signed, they will not replace it with another signed one.
Allegedly.
AVP08
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:30 pm

mondiablue wrote:If it's signed, they will not replace it with another signed one.

Nope, it is not signed.
mondiablue
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:12 pm

AVP08 wrote:
mondiablue wrote:If it's signed, they will not replace it with another signed one.

Nope, it is not signed.
Then they will likely still replace it. Try printshipping@moveon.org.
Allegedly.