EB-10 Nectar Connoiseur 05 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
arodri70
Art Expert

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:28 pm

Easy one from EB and one from PP.
Mapman
Art Expert

Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:41 am

I added a few detailed pictures to the EB page! Enjoy! :)
Flimby

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:07 pm

Mapman wrote:I added a few detailed pictures to the EB page! Enjoy! :)
Great shots, mapman! Thanks! :D
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:14 pm

Nice photos! Can't wait to get this.
sciguru
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:26 pm

Got mine yesterday, Nicey :D
morst
EB Team

Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:05 pm

with this print I set a new personal record. . . fastest time from tube entering the house to framed on the wall. . .

new mark is approx 15 minutes. . . I forgot to note the number on the holo, but it came from JP so it's legit. . .

ok I admit that I just took a spare VOTE HEMP out of a frame and plopped this in there, I think you can see the mylar tabs showing on the sides where this print is not as wide as the Hemp1. . . :? but it works for now and I have it in a corner near my computer.. . so it has echoes of recursion that way. . . :wink:
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:53 pm

I am thinking about pulling the same stunt with the Astron, but it is a hard choice.
morst
EB Team

Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:24 pm

I figured out what the deal is with the ones and zeros. . . they're 10's! As in EB-10!

I got a second one today (the EB one I earned for contributor points) and it's got way thicker ink, I added a photo to show the diff
http://www.expressobeans.com/images.php?id=34805
jojobadass
Art God

Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:24 pm

morst wrote:I figured out what the deal is with the ones and zeros. . . they're 10's! As in EB-10!
Oh, I thought they were bits...as in computer bits. I guess I'm a dork...lol.
dougr
Site Admin

Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:25 pm

jojobadass wrote:
morst wrote:I figured out what the deal is with the ones and zeros. . . they're 10's! As in EB-10!
me too, binary 1s and 0s...maybe JP intended both...or neither lol ;)
dougr
Site Admin

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:06 pm

One interpretation :wink:

The central image:

Pieces of art, all of which are variations of similar flowers, are on the walls of a gallery-like space. The wide angle of the walls and the oblique pattern of the boards on the bold yellow and red floor help draw the viewer into the space. As mentioned in the comments above, the wallpaper on which the art is mounted is a pattern of vertical lines and circles, perhaps a reference to the 1's and 0's of binary code and/or to the piece's "EB-10" number.

A well-dressed (and well-fed!) figure, perhaps a self-styled Patron, inspects a computer listing of a flower like those pictured in the art nearby. not only is he zoomed in on the screen, but he uses a magnifying glass (a bit of overkill)! A second figure inspects the pieces on the wall with his back to the viewer, but his pointy tail reveals his satanic nature. Perhaps the central image, while showing EB's role as a reference on a basic level, is also a sly application of the old saying "the devil is in the details"?

The outer image:

In the upper left, flowers like those pictured in the art in the central image grow in the wild. The coloring of the "Expresso Beans" text reinforces the bush/sky outdoor look. Swarming from the end of the EB text, bees are headed towards the blooms. Below, bees are building a magnificent honeycomb. On a metaphorical level, each piece of art out there could be seen to be a beautiful flower, and EB members act as bees - pollinating (and cross-pollinating), building a "buzz" about art, and of course building the honeycomb that is EB, which hopefully produces sweet honey for the enjoyment of all!
jojobadass
Art God

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:13 pm

oh, sweet honey!
morst
EB Team

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:37 pm

dougr wrote:
jojobadass wrote:
me too, binary 1s and 0s...maybe JP intended both...or neither lol ;)
Well, I think that one of the "rules" for the EB series is that each piece be numbered as part of the series, but it's up to the artist to do it as they see fit. . . Jermaine printed his in the image, MMM gave the female figure a tattoo. . . pollock made wallpaper. .. where's the 7 in the Screaming hand. . ? Hmm
The EB series is a no pressure commission. There are no deadlines and the artist has complete freedom to do whatever design they like. The theme of the series is an artist's interpretation of the Graphic Arts. There are only a few ground rules. Every print must contain either the letters EB or the EB logo. They may be distorted, hidden or even reduced to small type at the artist's discretion.
from http://www.expressobeans.com/ebprints.php
sciguru
Art Enthusiast

Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:57 pm

. .. where's the 7 in the Screaming hand. . ? Hmm
It looks like the fingers on the hand are bent in the shape of sevens :wink:
morst
EB Team

Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:05 pm

sciguru wrote:
morst wrote:. .. where's the 7 in the Screaming hand. . ? Hmm
It looks like the fingers on the hand are bent in the shape of sevens :wink:
wow, trip out, you may be right!! :shock:

http://www.expressobeans.com/show.php?id=13602