EB-10 Nectar Connoiseur 05 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
shakedown
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:24 pm

I'm not stressed - no worries

I guess I just read the tone of your posts wrong - my bad.
nc
EB Team

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:52 pm

arodri70 wrote:It's on, go em! 7:26pm est
This totally stinks... I had 2nd row dugout tickets to the braves game and couldn't hang out by the computer tonight. Someone PLEASE help me out!

Thank you for any assistance,
Nick
ercodeblue
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:59 pm

Wish I would've had a chance to flip one of these.
PhishVT
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:26 pm

ercodeblue wrote:Wish I would've had a chance to flip one of these.
Does anyone collect anymore? :cry:

Why don't we see "Wish I would've had a chance to buy one of these at a reasonable price, put it in a frame and hang it on the wall where everyone can see."
ercodeblue
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:55 pm

PhishVT wrote:
ercodeblue wrote:Wish I would've had a chance to flip one of these.
Does anyone collect anymore? :cry:

Why don't we see "Wish I would've had a chance to buy one of these at a reasonable price, put it in a frame and hang it on the wall where everyone can see."
I was kidding......but based on the number of ebay auctions and people selling them for $200+ on EB......maybe I wasn't.
ercodeblue
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:56 pm

Pollocks prints don't sell out in 2 seconds because so many people love his stuff......they sell out in 2 seconds because the mark up when people want to sell them on ebay or expressobeans is rediculous.

There I said it.....prove me wrong.

It the same with people wreaking havoc on the merchandise stands at Pearl Jam shows....and I'm assuming Phish shows.
ercodeblue
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:05 pm

True fans.

sciguru
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:25 pm

Well...I managed to get one, and I can't wait to get it.

I'm going to cut the mat, mount, and frame it...Wait here comes the shocker... I'm going to hang it on my wall. Seriously :D
shakedown
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:57 pm

so you can't speculate on Pollock art and still be a true fan?

If you can sell the latest Pollock for $160 and buy the same one for $75 in a month, why not go for it? You better believe that $85 I pocket will go towards another Pollock.

I know the frustration of getting shut out and seeing them on eBay, but if it's not illegal why should'nt I do it?
jasonm2121
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:37 am

trade 2 eb -10 for a polaris, anyone?
PhishVT
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:18 am

shakedown wrote:I know the frustration of getting shut out and seeing them on eBay, but if it's not illegal why should'nt I do it?
So you're the type of person that wont do something if it's illegal? :lol:

Pack one up... :wink:

I guess you're right, most of my frustration is with getting shut out, as I'm all about getting this print up on my wall. Of course because I made only a "mental note" that they were going on sale on Thursday I totally spaced the release on Jim's site... then when they went on sale on EB I went to the EB store and saw the print on the front page... I had to make an account... 2 minutes later when I had finished... gone, gone, gone.

I must say that I give props to Jim too... he could easily put a $75 or $100 (possibly more) price tag originally on these, and they would still all sell. Instead he gives the rest of the profits he very much deserves to those with the best memory, quickest internet connection, those with friends they can coordinate... etc.

Just imagine the value of these prints if 90% of them went directly into the hands of someone who doesn't want to turn around and sell it. The demand would be even higher forcing higher selling prices to those that do.

I don't mean to rant, nor am I trashing selling prints on ebay (I've gotten my share there for cheaper than they were originally priced). I guess just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean you should do it.

I don't fart in church just because I wont go to jail for it.
jasonm2121
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:46 am

for future ref, you could have added it to the cart, then made an account, that is what i did
PhishVT
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:59 am

jasonm2121 wrote:for future ref, you could have added it to the cart, then made an account, that is what i did
I sure thought of that after-the-fact. Alas, hindsight is 20/20.
dougr
Site Admin

Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:43 am

love the "binary" wallpaper! :lol:
rocknroll
New User

Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:14 pm

I'm not so sure why everyone is so upset that they are on EBAY. It gives those who missed the origional onsale a chance to get this print. Last I checked, the auctions were going off around $80/85. Not too bad since they were $65 with shipping from Jim. I'd rather pay $85 for one to put on my wall then get shut out all together. The only losers are the people who waste their time, Jocking their computer all day, paying e-bay fees and dealing with the post office all for a whopping $15/20 profit.
P.S. Thanks to the good folks @ Ebeans for making this possible!! You guys rock!
P.S.S. How do people like jasonm2121 have 2?