Grateful Dead Oxford Circle San Francisco 66 Mouse Kelley

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
geezer
Art Expert

Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:41 pm

After
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:34 am

The rule of thumb (and I'm sure there's an exception here or there) is that the original version of an early BG poster was printed before the show, and the 2nd edition was printed very shortly after the show (within days or weeks).
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
hogie777
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:37 am

Rick_a_c wrote:The rule of thumb (and I'm sure there's an exception here or there) is that the original version of an early BG poster was printed before the show, and the 2nd edition was printed very shortly after the show (within days or weeks).
Good to know, thanks Rick. Just got my lucky hands on an RP-2 so was interested in finding out a little more. It's a little beat up but still looks pretty amazing.
“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams” - Willy Wonka
geezer
Art Expert

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:55 am

http://therose7.com/ Buy this book, usually pays for itself on first purchase
FroDawg
Art Expert

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:56 am

hogie777 wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:The rule of thumb (and I'm sure there's an exception here or there) is that the original version of an early BG poster was printed before the show, and the 2nd edition was printed very shortly after the show (within days or weeks).
Good to know, thanks Rick. Just got my lucky hands on an RP-2 so was interested in finding out a little more. It's a little beat up but still looks pretty amazing.
An RP-2 is a great pick up. CONGRATS! I'd like to have one b/c I don't have an extra $16Gs hanging around to buy a first (there was a first edition at TRPS last year...I drooled). :drool:

David Singer signed a BG227-1 (Dead/Miles) for me (and Pewter too I think) at TRPS. It is not a perfect copy but after 40+ years it is great by me and it is looks terrific in a simple frame. And Corey did an awesome job on my BG105-2, which I am quite happy to own b/c <see above regarding not having a mountain of dough!>
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
hogie777
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:06 am

geezer wrote:http://therose7.com/ Buy this book, usually pays for itself on first purchase
I don't see it for sale on that site
Pezlar
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:41 pm

hogie777 wrote:
geezer wrote:http://therose7.com/ Buy this book, usually pays for itself on first purchase
I don't see it for sale on that site
Scroll down a bit, it's under Other Stuff.
Onward through the fog...
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Worth its weight in gold. No serious BG/FD collector would be without it.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
hogie777
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:08 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:
Whats the pull? $100 is a lot for a book and I would imagine a lot of the info is here on EB. How does it pay for itself?
Pezlar
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:31 pm

hogie777 wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:
Whats the pull? $100 is a lot for a book and I would imagine a lot of the info is here on EB. How does it pay for itself?
The info on EB is not up to date. Eric is the recognized authority on BG/FD items. It's worth the price if you buy an OP-2 or 3, but pay the price of an OP-1, in many cases. He gives enough detail and explanation to allow one to have a high degree of confidence regarding what version a particular poster is. Does that make sense? :pint:
hogie777
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:12 pm

I am going to get my hands on a copy of that book but it looks like I have to mail in a check. In the meantime, was hoping to get some EBers opinion on this one I recently picked up. Based on the description here, I think it is a legit RP-2 but it would feel nice to have some reassurance. Dimensions are in line with the listing.
hogie777
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:15 pm

apologies if the pics make you dizzy, I am not sure why my computer likes to mess with me when I post images
Pezlar
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:48 am

hogie777 wrote:I am going to get my hands on a copy of that book but it looks like I have to mail in a check. In the meantime, was hoping to get some EBers opinion on this one I recently picked up. Based on the description here, I think it is a legit RP-2 but it would feel nice to have some reassurance. Dimensions are in line with the listing.
Sure looks like an RP-2 to me. Nice pickup :cheers:
gordo55
Art Expert

Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:25 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:
yup...love my RP-3. Picked it up directly from Ben Friedman in '75 at the Postermat. You don't want to know what I paid for it then? Picked up a BG 105-2 the same day.
THC
automator
Nobody

Tue May 10, 2016 7:35 pm

New image Grateful Dead Oxford Circle San Francisco 66 Mouse Kelley RP-13 COA
2003 COA from the S2 Lithograph printing herein called RP-13