Sonic Solutions Incorporated 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
acrylic1
Art Enthusiast

Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:01 pm

IMO Shephard Fairey is getting to do something Warhol could not do and that is get his posters to the masses at a very reasonable price. Think about it or go research it, Warhol's work got very unreachable early in his career as compared to SF...and you cant even match the exposure...it is such a drastic difference because of modern technology!

I wonder what earlier print masters like Toulouse Latrec would do if they had a website with a powerful server, UPS and ebay! Think about that....

If you go take a look at Rauschenberg, Ellsworth Kelly, Brice Marden etc, or any other big name artist at say www.geminigel.com your going to see prices in the 5K+ and up range for starters!

So we all get in at $35...we just have to gripe about the traffic and whether we like the subject or style...not bad really.

In regards to the work. Its all subjective. I have seen his book and all his early work... only to get started first with Bob Mould. I appreciate the colors and the work, the subject is ok, I have some other 'real deal' propoganda works anyway, so I say...I am glad to be in on this at this price...and thats it...
aahnutz
EB Team

Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:40 am

rise1111 wrote:Can we add these as a set... all three arrived via fedex with the same number.
No. Print runs are different. Black/Red = 300, Black = 200, 3D = 100
Not sold as "set."
Bobby-B
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:22 am

aahnutz wrote:
rise1111 wrote:Can we add these as a set... all three arrived via fedex with the same number.
No. Print runs are different. Black/Red = 300, Black = 200, 3D = 100
Not sold as "set."

I know this has been discussed before, but there are plenty of Fairey prints that were not sold as sets that have different edition numbers that were sold separately, and they still have the set feature. I think the only good thing the set feature does is record sales of prints that are sold as a set! :?
Catarax
Art Expert

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:07 pm

grey dots... :D
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
EB Team

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:55 pm

aahnutz wrote:Not sold as "set."
absolutely true, BUT those that ordered all three did get a matched number set. this is evidenced by the sets on eBay and my own set. taking that into account...perhaps an exception this time Lorraine??
aahnutz
EB Team

Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:06 pm

hranek wrote:
aahnutz wrote:Not sold as "set."
absolutely true, BUT those that ordered all three did get a matched number set. this is evidenced by the sets on eBay and my own set. taking that into account...perhaps an exception this time Lorraine??
It's up to the curators.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
Flimby

Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:09 pm

Bobby-B wrote: I think the only good thing the set feature does is record sales of prints that are sold as a set! :?
couldn't agree more, the whole "set" thing has gotten abit out of control imo

fwiw, i am opposed to a set listing for the exact reasons that aahnutz mentioned
Catarax
Art Expert

Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:36 am

Peace Bomber has a set...
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
Staunchy
Art Expert

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:21 am

i think this one needs a set addition. Was sold as a set from retailer..why not add a set on eb?
MJBuck
Art Expert

Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:21 am

Staunchy wrote:i think this one needs a set addition. Was sold as a set from retailer..why not add a set on eb?
There was no set option but if you bought all three they matched the numbers. This could go either way. Regardless it is the same image in 3 different colorways.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
jodeci78
Art Expert

Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:53 am

acrylic1 wrote: If you go take a look at Rauschenberg, Ellsworth Kelly, Brice Marden etc, or any other big name artist at say www.geminigel.com your going to see prices in the 5K+ and up range for starters!
yeah, but this is art... Obey / Giant isn't art... its a "Collectible" like the "Limited Edition Star Wars Tumbler, exclusive to Burger King." If you think about it, that item IS limited edition.
Mapman
Art Expert

Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:29 am

yea but all the Star War Burger King collectibles are JUNK only collectible to people who don't know better and THINK it's going to pay for their kids college fund in 20 years only to find out it has little to NO value only a few months later once the hype is gone.

Unless of course that is the comparison you are trying to make???
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:33 am

Catarax wrote:Peace Bomber has a set...
:clap:

E
aahnutz
EB Team

Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Catarax wrote:Peace Bomber has a set...
We can delete it. All the others too. Do you still want to argue or just leave things as they are now? :|
acrylic1
Art Enthusiast

Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:22 am

jodeci78 wrote:
acrylic1 wrote: If you go take a look at Rauschenberg, Ellsworth Kelly, Brice Marden etc, or any other big name artist at say www.geminigel.com your going to see prices in the 5K+ and up range for starters!
yeah, but this is art... Obey / Giant isn't art... its a "Collectible" like the "Limited Edition Star Wars Tumbler, exclusive to Burger King." If you think about it, that item IS limited edition.
I consider Shephard Fairey/Obey Giant art. He is signing and numbering screen prints in a traditional manner. So to that end I consider it art. I have already purchased a few items, and thought some may find his content or subject matter not to their liking, the have the option of not purchasing. I have chosen to have a few, and find that I am enjoying them for color, content and workmanship!

Again, he is making 'his' art available to the masses at an affordable price. I have a Scholder litho/aquatint that was in the $100's of dollars in the 70's that I enjoy and now these!