Ghost of Tsushima 23 Kontou

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:55 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Ghost of Tsushima 23 Kontou

turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:10 pm

A drymounting video game cartridge wins poster of 2023.
The drymounting thing somehow wins two categories.
With absolutely zero drymounting comments.

Is this really going to stand?
So drymounting lame.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:54 pm

Lol it doesn't take a lot to win
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:27 am

Can’t wait for all the frame ups on this!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
ManOfSteel
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:09 pm

Fantastic poster! Well deserved :)
collectornyc
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:59 pm

Interesting. Didnt know there was limited edition prints for games. Its a nice drawing. Good game as well as I play it on ps4.
Browntrout
EB Team

Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:33 pm

ManOfSteel wrote:
How is this deserving of POTY, an award typically reserved for music/gig posters. And for that matter why is it deserving of Art Print of the Year?

The profile picture of this item literally says in the lower left corner, “Alternative Movie Poster of The Week”

It should have been in the Movie Poster category, certainly not the Poster category and definitely not the Art Print category.
dna311
EB Team

Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:26 am

Yea this needs to be placed under 'Cinema Poster of the Year 23' ONLY
KipPotapych
Art Expert

Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:39 am

It’s not a movie though.

binky79
Art Expert

Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:42 am

KipPotapych wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:39 am
It’s not a movie though.

Of the categories, its only thematically close to movie. Its certainly NOT an art print or a gig poster.

It shouldnt even be an option in those categories, and it unbelievable that they are still reflected as the winner of those categories on the front page. It says loudly that whomever is running this thing are not able to make the change or are indifferent. And since I cant see where anyone of authority has said anything about it I would guess the latter.
KipPotapych
Art Expert

Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:54 pm

^ Yeah, I would think the latter as well.

Ideally, I would think, there should be a “bootleg” or “private commission” category where all these type of posters should go and then they can hype it up all they want. I realize that there is already a whole bunch of such posters in various categories where they do not belong, but the good participating folks here can request changes in the corrections thread if something they would like to get and that should be moved to the appropriate category.

The fact remains though: it doesn’t do this place any favors to have this displayed as a winner in multiple categories that do not have anything to do with anything.
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:20 pm

KipPotapych wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:54 pm
^ Yeah, I would think the latter as well.

Ideally, I would think, there should be a “bootleg” or “private commission” category where all these type of posters should go and then they can hype it up all they want. I realize that there is already a whole bunch of such posters in various categories where they do not belong, but the good participating folks here can request changes in the corrections thread if something they would like to get and that should be moved to the appropriate category.

The fact remains though: it doesn’t do this place any favors to have this displayed as a winner in multiple categories that do not have anything to do with anything.
If this site had a much wider reach in terms of influence and audience I could appreciate the concern a bit more, but as it stands I don't think the awards mean much they are just a bit of fun. Having said that, I agree it's not right for this to win what is essentially 'Gig Poster Of The Year', just seems like an oversight. I think Poster Of The Year should be renamed and given more consideration in terms of categorisation, same could be said for Art Print Of The Year which occasionally features movie posters like last year.

I also think having a separate category for private commissions is such a good idea considering how many are produced now, before it wasn't really worth it but now they come thick and fast so it makes sense and gives the officially licensed work their spotlight.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:26 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:10 pm
A drymounting video game cartridge wins poster of 2023.
The drymounting thing somehow wins two categories.
With absolutely zero drymounting comments.

Is this really going to stand?
So drymounting lame.
I mean, I like the game a lot, but yeah. This doesn't make any sense on multiple levels.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
ManOfSteel
Art Enthusiast

Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:09 pm

Browntrout wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:33 pm
ManOfSteel wrote:
How is this deserving of POTY, an award typically reserved for music/gig posters. And for that matter why is it deserving of Art Print of the Year?

The profile picture of this item literally says in the lower left corner, “Alternative Movie Poster of The Week”

It should have been in the Movie Poster category, certainly not the Poster category and definitely not the Art Print category.
Ghost of Tsushima is not movie though! Seems like it won the appropriate category.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:22 pm

let's see the frame ups!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.