Soundgarden Houston 92 Kozik

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Oof.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
dangerboy
Flipper

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:30 am

Promoter edition added to listing. Thanks EB and FKozik for making what i consider to be a historic clarification...

dangerboy wrote:
FKozik wrote:on the original green lady the promoter ( Tom Bunch/TAB )would have gotten 100-150 prints if memory serves me correctly. That was a looooooooong time ago.
dangerboy wrote:Image
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
Djembe

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Unsigned, unnumbered

Looks to be a second printing (says so in lower left corner), colors are all correct (purple lady), except the background is white.

Is it a printer's proof?

Thanks!

talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:34 pm

it's a stolen proof, but kozik said he didn't care about them. guy in chicago or new york was sellin his stolen stash of kozik prints in 07 or 08, this looks like one of them. Was it owned by silver, then db23, and now you? I think that was the transition.
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:54 pm

I got one of these back around that time. Good price, kick-ass image. Looks fantastic framed. I love it and I don't even really care for Pearl Jam or Soundgarden that much.
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
Djembe

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Thanks for the quick replies!

Nope, I bought this myself at the Vinyl Edge record store in Houston Tx a few months after attending the show.

I kind of like it more now that I know its sordid history

Do these sell for anything?

Thanks again,
Steve
treejam1
Art Expert

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Djembe wrote:Unsigned, unnumbered Interested in selling?

Looks to be a second printing (says so in lower left corner), colors are all correct (purple lady), except the background is white.

Is it a printer's proof?

Thanks!

freaksmeout
Art Expert

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Djembe wrote:Thanks for the quick replies!

Do these sell for anything?
Couple hundred bucks.
Last edited by freaksmeout on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
Djembe

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:08 pm

talkingdeads - stolen from Frank? Or like, the printers made a few extra copies for themselves to sell?

I'm trying to figure out how Vinyl Edge had it back then for purchase....
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:13 pm

you can message Frank here if you want the story, i could link it for you but i'm a little busy tonight. Fkozik here, really good dude to talk to.

basically, his printer stole a pile of prints from him and sat on them for years. if your story is true, i guess he sold some around that time then too. i read a lot of "hey i bought it twenty years ago at [enter defunct record store that was local to city of concert] so it must be legit"
Djembe

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Hey thanks again for the info. I can see why you would be skeptical.

I thought I understood you correctly, that the printer would have sat on them for years, so it IS weird that I got this one right away. My memory is a little hazy about when I bought it exactly, but it was definitely before I left Houston in 1999, likely no later than 1992, though.

I bought several Koziks back then. I just dragged them all out of my storage unit last week where they had been for years. My girlfriend doesn't like the style, so I was thinking of selling them. I was super bummed that my favorite Beastie Boys / Cypress Hill / Rollins Band (Tommy Gun Bunny) had gotten damaged with mold.

My Guided by Voices 'Spock' is still in good shape, as was this Pink Lady I never figured would be worth anything as a second printing until I started reading the forums here.

I'm going to message Frank right after I finish cooking dinner

Cheers,
Steve
automator
Nobody

Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:15 pm

New image KZ-9214 Soundgarden Houston - framed

fredo
Art God

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Poster Scene in Boulder has a b&w of this (assume its a proof?) that they're calling a "first print" for $2500.
just a foil for me today, thanks
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:27 pm

The black and white i had clearly had second printing screned on it below the image on the left hand side. I paid 100 dollars for it, and sadly it wound up in the hands of old ebeans member, greasy, who turned out to be a jerk face. And, if my sober memory serves me correct. The printer for these that stole them was named, Steve
db23
Art Expert

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:42 pm

fredo wrote:Poster Scene in Boulder has a b&w of this (assume its a proof?) that they're calling a "first print" for $2500.
As Deads stated the only b&w proofs were marked second printings.