Breakfast at Tiffany's 18 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
desch
Art Expert

Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:48 pm

This is Laurent’s post on what happened with this poster.

Dear friends,
fans and followers,

since I have not yet officially shared my thoughts about my "Breakfast at Tiffany's" poster release and the very bad buzz this is creating. I thought it would be good for you all to know the back story of it all. I have seen many people complaining and being infuriated by the prohibitive price tag, even pointing fingers at me like if I had any responsability in how this is being handled!

As much as I understand everybody's frustration, anger even and share their disbelief, I think it's a shame people forgot about the actual cause this print was meant to be for. I would have preferred, like many of you suggested, to see this print being sold at a more affordable price as a timed edition by the "REAL MONDO", giving everyone a chance to own a copy of the poster and ultimately grossing possibly more money in the kitty.

Unfortunately, as I tried to talk to Sean Hepburn Ferrer about the Mondotees option, he told me he had just signed a deal with Mondo graphics. My call came too late :-( ...

I was not aware of this until very recently, long after I had delivered the piece. Sean had originally great plans, which had me excited about, of organizing several events in my hometown in Brussels (where his mother Audrey was born) including an exhibition, inauguration of a statue, and a charity event in which an auction would take place to sell 12 one sheet copies of my art printed in stone litho!! All of this to commemorate of the birth of Sean's extraordinary mom here in Ixelles, Brussels, Belgium.

Unfortunately, after many months of hard work setting eveything up, and for several reasons out of Sean's control, the whole thing was sadly cancelled.

Changing the poster release from 12 lithographs to a 250 screenprints being sold by Dominique Besson and his gallery in Paris at such a prohibitive price is something I don't understand not just as a business plan but also for the fact that it antagonises the movie poster community. I guess he knows his business and client base better than me... Had I known this from day one, I would probably never agreed to take this path. There isn't much I could have done at that point and, believe me, when Sean told me about his plan B, I knew this was coming...

Needless to say I wish Sean and the association EURORDIS (The voice of Rare Disease Europe) www.eurordis.org whom he has been the ambassador for for the last 5 years, all the success and as much money as possible to be raised. The cause is worth it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

LD
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
fredo
Art God

Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:29 pm

Fugazi?
just a foil for me today, thanks
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:50 pm

Stone litho? Is that the new 't-shirt for water charity'?

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 2&t=135189
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:03 pm

The O'Daniel is better
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:10 pm

Not a fan of the placement, size or type on Audrey Hepburn's credit. Throws off the composition for me. Just doesn't look right...
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:19 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Not a fan of the placement, size or type on Audrey Hepburn's credit. Throws off the composition for me. Just doesn't look right...
The dude who walked in from a different set in the back really throws it off for me. And the cat looks CGI. Which is strange.

Otherwise, that typography is spot on.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Two people have this in their collection.

Fess up.
That's what she said
fredo
Art God

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:29 pm

Curious...
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:35 pm

fredo wrote:Curious...
Codeblue wrote:not really
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
fredo
Art God

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:44 pm

#duh
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:52 pm

oof?
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:54 pm

Lulz
That's what she said
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:10 pm

No mention of charity neither...

Aka shady AF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
fredo
Art God

Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:27 pm

What's the ratio of shitshow to non-shitshow releases for this guy?
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:50 am

fredo wrote:What's the ratio of shitshow to non-shitshow releases for this guy?
The irony is some of his best work is for the dip shits who ended up biting him in the ass IMHO.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <