Tributary 18 Phlegm

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
alittle
Art Freak

Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:06 pm

hunterpwns wrote:Mine is the same with a mini/slight gorilla grip on the first roll in the middle of the print...no creases or anything but when laying flat the middle sinks in all the way across, not too bad should be fine but definitely a little upset it was shipped this way when Phlegm only releases a print every 2-3 years and let alone the process he puts into it to then roll it this way...
Mine had this too. No idea why it was rolled so tight.

That said, I think with some time laying flat, it'll be totally fine.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:23 pm

alittle wrote:
hunterpwns wrote:Mine is the same with a mini/slight gorilla grip on the first roll in the middle of the print...no creases or anything but when laying flat the middle sinks in all the way across, not too bad should be fine but definitely a little upset it was shipped this way when Phlegm only releases a print every 2-3 years and let alone the process he puts into it to then roll it this way...
Mine had this too. No idea why it was rolled so tight.

That said, I think with some time laying flat, it'll be totally fine.
I am in this same boat. A little mini grip in the first roll but should come out after some time flat/under weight. It will be a long time before it is flat on it's own though. I usually don't mind this type of thing but when the price tag is $350, I kind of expect a little more in the handling.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
rubberneck
Art God

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 pm

Espc when ebay listing states mint...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
oldgreg
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:57 pm

I'm fine with rolled but they should've been in a 4" tube. You'd think they could at least put it in a tube that wide considering the price of admission
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:59 pm

So it goes...
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:18 am

mine flattened within a day.

fight or flight printed the same way was shipped rolled also.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:31 am

35mmpaul wrote:mine flattened within a day.

fight or flight printed the same way was shipped rolled also.
You also got yours the day it dropped, so I am gonna go out on a limb and say it spent less time rolled than most. FoF was a much larger print as well. I failed on the drop, so didn't get one straight from the source, but my aftermarket copy came in a 4" tube. This came in a 3" tube. They are also printed on different paper.

But hey, if you wanna trade your nice flat one for one that will be flat in another 7 months or more, hit me up. I'll cover shipping both ways.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:45 am

Thats fair.

They had been packed the day previously. I do know I was lucky to grab it day of.

A bigger tube or flat woulda probably been easier to handle. Not faulting anyone for wanting that.

7 months to flatten? piece of cardboard and a few heavy books could speed that up.

im hoping to have mine framed similarly to flight or flight to match soon.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:22 pm

I'll let it rest and then put it in the flattening sandwich. It lives under several full portfolios so it will have plenty of weight. Ultimately, I'm confident the print will be fine. It's a minor gripe at best. It just didn't meet my (possibly high and unrealistic?) expectations for what I consider a high value print at point of sale. But hey, look how san ships and the prices they charge. In comparison, this was handled like the holy grail.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:26 pm

Good thing you have one of these, Kram. Add more rolls to the outside channel and with all that weight...it'll flatten in no time.

https://i.imgur.com/COmN6f0.jpg
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:40 pm

Kramerica wrote:I usually don't mind this type of thing but when the price tag is $350, I kind of expect a little more in the handling.
I agree. For $350 I expected better too.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
adamw

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:09 pm

This print is awesome.
Reminds me of the one and only bumper sticker on my old car -- "we all live downstream".
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Someone's perusing price charts today.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:29 pm

If ya bought this to flip, you’re a donkey.

Finally got mine. Looks incredible. The only real gripe I have is the size but it’s a minor one.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.