Monsoon 08 Andrews

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Catarax
Art Expert

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:08 pm

i don't.. i wouldn't sell mine for $700..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:30 pm

wouldn't be the first time people have used this site to manipulate prices.
8=====D~~~~
fluffhead
Art Expert

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:47 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:wouldn't be the first time people have used this site to manipulate prices.
True - but that seller is not one I believe would be doing such from my experiences with them
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:52 pm

i've found plenty of well respected members on this site who have recorded questionable sales and even put in high cash value wants (when they have no intention to actually buy).

Just because this sale is extremely high doesn't mean its fake. But likewise, just because a member is respected doesn't mean their claims can't be questioned (ex. iratasan)
8=====D~~~~
cro225
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:15 pm

the $700 price is absolutely 100% legit. Got tired of lowball offers and put the $700 price tag to discourage them. Print sold to a woman from SF hours after my posting. Surprised me a little bit but I'm not complaining that's for sure.

Sent by:
Buyer Email:
***********@yahoo.com
Payment Sent to:

*****************@hotmail.com

Amount received:
$700.00 USD
Fee amount:
-$20.60 USD
Net amount:
$679.40 USD

Issue a refund Help

You have up to 60 days to refund the payment.

Date:
Sep 21, 2010
Time:
15:34:47 PDT
Completed

Subject:
Look forward to getting the print! My phone # is 408.***.**** in case you need it for delivery
Payment Type:
Instant
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:27 pm

Blake's just jealous cuz he didn't get that much for his.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:06 pm

I never owned one.

However, just to put this in perspective, I bought and sold Esaos the hangover for less than this print.
8=====D~~~~
fluffhead
Art Expert

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:02 am

BlakeAronson wrote:I never owned one.

However, just to put this in perspective, I bought and sold Esaos the hangover for less than this print.
That makes sense, Monsoon is a much nicer print than Hangover
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:07 pm

thats preference. but i assure you the hangover is a lot harder to find.
8=====D~~~~
Catarax
Art Expert

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:13 pm

hangover is emo.. wouldn't mind having one tho..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
fluffhead
Art Expert

Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Catarax wrote:hangover is emo.. wouldn't mind having one tho..
Not necessarily one that would jump to the top of the framing list for me, but I'm still waiting for one to pop up for the right price at the right time. I'd love to grab one someday. Monsoon however was immediately at the top of my framing list when I picked it up and is at the top of my reframing list as I'd love to swap out the mat on mine now.
Blake, I agree it will be tough to find Hangover, at this point it will be tough to find Monsoon for a decent price too (read as under $500).
churdiales
Art Expert

Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:01 am

no offense guys... and this is coming from a HUGE Esao fan (just check my signature)... but, $500 and up for a giclee is a bit excessive if not plain rape, don't you guys think? just sayin'... i love Esao's work, seriously... i would love to track down a Thinker... but, in all honesty you can buy an original piece by Esao (granted, not a huge piece, and maybe... just maybe... not one of his most desirable) for 1/2 more of what Monsoon (giclee) is selling. yes, $1500 -$2000; just check his last show, there was one piece for less than $2000 - yes, again, it all depends on taste, but...

i'd rather have an original Esao than a giclee... call me nuts, that is just my opinion.

we need to reconsider this whole buying giclees for that much cash; heck, i am all for supporting the artist, but in all seriousness, buy his originals... save what you spend on secondary market prices and get one of his OGs.

and before you say anything: Monsoon was one of my ISOs... not anymore at these prices.
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
willg
Art Expert

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:29 am

churdiales wrote:no offense guys... and this is coming from a HUGE Esao fan (just check my signature)... but, $500 and up for a giclee is a bit excessive if not plain rape, don't you guys think? just sayin'... i love Esao's work, seriously... i would love to track down a Thinker... but, in all honesty you can buy an original piece by Esao (granted, not a huge piece, and maybe... just maybe... not one of his most desirable) for 1/2 more of what Monsoon (giclee) is selling. yes, $1500 -$2000; just check his last show, there was one piece for less than $2000 - yes, again, it all depends on taste, but...

i'd rather have an original Esao than a giclee... call me nuts, that is just my opinion.

we need to reconsider this whole buying giclees for that much cash; heck, i am all for supporting the artist, but in all seriousness, buy his originals... save what you spend on secondary market prices and get one of his OGs.

and before you say anything: Monsoon was one of my ISOs... not anymore at these prices.
Some of what you say is true, but it comes down to the fact that this is a very desirable Esao image with a low run. At this point to pry one of these from other collectors is gonna take top dollar because most owners are not willing to part with it for less. Mines framed and like Catarax I wouldn't sell it for $700.00 either.
Catarax
Art Expert

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:33 am

if it just came out i''d agree with you.. but like he said.. you'd have to pay me to get what's mine.. Easo might have originals going for basically double what the Monsoon is going for, but what if you wanted to by the OG of Monsoon.. you'll be paying way more than double what a print costs, that's for sure.. if you could find it for sale to begin with..
churdiales
Art Expert

Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:13 pm

yeah, sorry guys... been having a bad week that is all... (and started drinking again!!! aghhhh) <--- no more... i had forgotten why i stopped.

sorry for the rant...

just wanted to mention that buying secondary market giclees (is sometimes) pretty equivalent to buying an original piece of art, that is all... i mean, i'd rather people spend more on OGs than on buying expensive prints/posters, you get it? heck, who am i to dictate what to buy...? i need to mind my own business...

how do i stop this terrible headache? :hanging:
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.