Genghis Tron Board Up the House Tour 08 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
tranito
Art Expert

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:55 pm

mtarail wrote:Based on the pics, it looks like an inking issue and not a handling issue. The flaws are on the white ink, but the blue ink right next to it looks ok.
Good eye.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:59 am

willg wrote:Did Aaron sign the misprints and damaged posters burlesque sold a few years ago?
I could be mistaken, but I don't think Aaron signs any of the S&D's from Burlesque.
macc5
EB Team

Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Thronk wrote:Just picked up an artist edition from eBay. Print was listed as "mint condition" but seems to have some serious damage along the Tron portion of the text. Anyone know if this was a common printing issue? Looking back at the auction the damage was visible in the photos so it's partly my bust but I am curious about the damage. :oops:

wow guys.. quite a discussion here on this and little back and forth with the actual seller.. me

this was my last copy that i bought at the show in philly. i am not sure how i didn't notice it all these years or in the listing, but it was an honest mistake..

hey man.. i emailed you several times right after you opened the ebay case on me, without contacting me first, and even sent you a return label to ship back to me without hearing from you and have yet to hear back at all

i am not screwing you at all and you are coming out of this will all of your money back since i made a dopey mistake.

anyways.. if anyone wants this at a discounted rate its yours.. . carry on
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:57 pm

as mtarail pointed out, it definitely looks like a printing flaw, not a handling/storage/shipping flaw. The fact that Aaron signed it shows that the flaws slipped by his own eyes as he typically doesn't sign prints this flawed (i have S/D prints that are much less flawed than this). I've had this same issues when I bought prints from shows. The boris moth print I got at the show ended up having slipped by with gold ink splatters on the border, didn't notice it until years later, it was also signed and numbered. Fair mistake to make when rushing to list/ship and item, but macc5 is making it up to you fair and square. Good reminder for sellers to do a thorough look over prior to shipping a print.
8=====D~~~~
macc5
EB Team

Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:58 pm

and its def an inking issue on the white, that they didnt catch. But for such a huge poster its not a tough thing to miss as i have done all these years.

it has been in my possession since the show and has never been rolled and has been mylar kept..

folks here can certainly attest to my rep with prints :pint:

yeah.. i usually do a thorough look over but i guess it was a bit too quick on this..
Thronk
Art Expert

Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:59 pm

macc5 wrote:hey man.. i emailed you several times right after you opened the ebay case on me, without contacting me first, and even sent you a return label to ship back to me without hearing from you and have yet to hear back at all

i am not screwing you at all and you are coming out of this will all of your money back since i made a dopey mistake.

Just dropped the print off at the post office using the mailing label you sent me. I GREATLY appreciate your willingness to issue a full refund, including covering the shipping both ways. I have no complaints whatsoever with how you have handled this, you have been extremely accommodating. I do apologize for using the eBay resolution process without first contacting you. I’ve been burned a couple of times on eBay so now I generally assume the worst and try to make sure that there is an official record of everything that goes on between buyer and seller. Thank you.
macc5
EB Team

Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Thronk wrote:
macc5 wrote:hey man.. i emailed you several times right after you opened the ebay case on me, without contacting me first, and even sent you a return label to ship back to me without hearing from you and have yet to hear back at all

Just dropped the print off at the post office using the mailing label you sent me. I GREATLY appreciate your willingness to issue a full refund, including covering the shipping both ways. I have no complaints whatsoever with how you have handled this, you have been extremely accommodating. I do apologize for using the eBay resolution process without first contacting you. I’ve been burned a couple of times on eBay so now I generally assume the worst and try to make sure that there is an official record of everything that goes on between buyer and seller. Thank you.

cool man.. good deal. Thanks..

yeah, i understand how some have been burned on ebay.. but we aren't all swindlers.. . 8) :pint:
triporfreak
Art Expert

Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:32 pm

billymac always makes it right!
macc5
EB Team

Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:42 pm

triporfreak wrote:billymac always makes it right!
i certainly do bob! :D
joshua
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:26 am

can anyone who owns the gtsb (brown) version post a picture comparing the colors?
just curious if they are different enough to warrant getting both.
ImageImage
ISO...
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:56 am

joshua wrote:can anyone who owns the gtsb (brown) version post a picture comparing the colors?
just curious if they are different enough to warrant getting both.
I'll check tonight to see if I still have any pics of the two together. I had both at one time and sold the brown variant. They are definitely different but I preferred the regular and weren't SO different that I felt the need to keep both.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
triporfreak
Art Expert

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:44 am

side by side they are distinctly different.
murdock
Art Expert

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:20 am

^ Nice!
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
joshua
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:41 pm

good god...now i want them all.
thanks for posting the picture.
ImageImage
ISO...