The Graduate 17 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Sun May 07, 2017 8:50 pm

This topic is dedicated to: The Graduate 17 Durieux

theperfecttree
EB Team

Sun May 07, 2017 8:53 pm

Perfect fit of artist & property. Run size seems low with only 67 variants. I was able to snag a variant and go back for a regular though. can't wait to get these in
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun May 07, 2017 10:57 pm

Anyone get a 'retained' at customs notification on their tracking?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Germanicus
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Beautiful work, as always for Durieux. My only complaint is that either her legs are too slim or her butt is way too big. The skirt seems far too wide, especially at the top. Bancroft was very skinny, so it seems it should have been almost a third slimmer than in the poster.
Germanicus
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 13, 2017 11:52 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Anyone get a 'retained' at customs notification on their tracking?
Not I. Got mine without problem in the US.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun May 14, 2017 12:35 am

Yeah it got there eventually. I think it was just a weird translation in my post tracking app.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun May 14, 2017 6:56 am

Got these and was pretty disappointed with the print job. I just expected them to be much brighter but they really went for a matte, almost dull, finish. The artwork is impeccable with those wonderful durieux detailed fades and shadows.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
1000steps
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 pm

Circling back to comment on this after taking a gander at my regular this evening.

After repeated viewings, this print is becoming one of my favorites by Laurent. From a design standpoint, it is more nuanced than many of his images, but still sly and suggestive as subject matter would demand. The interplay of light and shadow is complex - always a strength for LD - not in a showy way here, but rather one that is well composed. Textures, both rendered (pool surface, cocktail glass) and implied (pool tiles, cocktail dress) are very strong, which makes sense, as The Graduate is a sensuous film.
Welcome to the sleaze pit