Blade Runner 17 Eng

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
oldgreg
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:52 am

RottenAtom wrote:
In my humble opinion, Eng's poster crushes both Raids. I'm a longtime Blade Runner fan, but never liked those Raid BR prints. The Eng is a full-on 24x36" movie poster with title, credits and way more detail. The multi-directional rain in the Raid's always bothered me and the colors (though similar to the Engs) always felt a tad off (a little too orange). There really is no comparison. Folks on FB saying that the Eng is unnecessary because it's similar to the Raid are full of it. If that's the case, the Raid's are unnecessary because they're similar to the Doyle's. This Eng came through and blew away all existing BR prints.
Hype
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:02 am

35mmpaul wrote:nope. private commission. all spots were spoken for about a year ago. now is the first time art has been made public to the commissioners and the hobby as a whole. pretty much a blind buy.

Hmm a year ago. I may have been in this one. :oops:
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:03 am

Serious hype all over this way-too-busy and derivative movie poster. The title and credits make it slightly better than the Raids, but that's about it. Godmachine's BR still holds the title.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:16 am

oldgreg wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
In my humble opinion, Eng's poster crushes both Raids. I'm a longtime Blade Runner fan, but never liked those Raid BR prints. The Eng is a full-on 24x36" movie poster with title, credits and way more detail. The multi-directional rain in the Raid's always bothered me and the colors (though similar to the Engs) always felt a tad off (a little too orange). There really is no comparison. Folks on FB saying that the Eng is unnecessary because it's similar to the Raid are full of it. If that's the case, the Raid's are unnecessary because they're similar to the Doyle's. This Eng came through and blew away all existing BR prints.
Hype
I am hyped up about this poster. No reason to hype it up (not selling them or anything). Just a fan of Eng/BR and a person who's passionate about things.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:22 am

earlgreytoast wrote:Serious hype all over this way-too-busy and derivative movie poster. The title and credits make it slightly better than the Raids, but that's about it. Godmachine's BR still holds the title.
Love the Godmachine (dope approach!), but, for me, it doesn't capture BR like the Eng. When I think of BR I think of the noirish cityscape, rain, and neon signs; the world the film dwells in. Eng's is the only BR poster that captures the feeling that the movie gives me. The Godmachine is awesome though. I also dig Ngai's reg, Krabz' variant, the Kako's, and the Stout's.

As far as 'way-too-busy', that's how the movie is. There's so much eye candy to take in that it's hard to see it all without pausing. I love that this is like a freeze frame that allows you to look everything over without the impending frame change. The chaos is laid out in a structured orderly fashion.

*I did not have anything to do with the creation of this poster, I'm just a fan of it.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:53 am

It's cool, I still :heart: you.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:10 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:It's cool, I still :heart: you.
:heart:
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:16 pm

bert wrote:This is excellent work. I like that it ticks a lot of boxes for a fan - the cityscape, the neon signs, the rain and umbrellas, a spinner, white dragon noodle bar sign, Deckard, Zhora (on the variant, or is she running away on the reg?) - but none of it feels gratuitous because the composition is so good. It also captures that overcrowded, neo-noir feel of chinatown in the film very well. Futuristic, but a bit grubby and unpolished.
In the regular, Deckard is standing with his gun to his side scanning the crowd. He's drawing down on Zhora in the variant as she splits the crowd and causing the commotion. There are also color changes and different neon in the variant, too.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:59 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Serious hype all over this way-too-busy and derivative movie poster. The title and credits make it slightly better than the Raids, but that's about it. Godmachine's BR still holds the title.
Stout for the win, this (Reg, variant colors remind me of Raid) is second. All others are meh, although i do like Raid71's "Don't Walk" for art print reasons

also for your terrible opinion
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:25 pm

This is definitely the best Blade Runner print to date. For now.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:26 pm

oh look....E-toast being contrary and oversimplifying...cool.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Perfect match.. long time coming
sez752
Art Expert

Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:58 pm

Godmachine FTW
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:00 pm

Different strokes - some people like owls, some people like billboards. NBD.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:10 pm

Kramerica wrote:This is definitely the best Blade Runner print to date. For now.

Well when someone blindly spends $1200, all they can do is hope. Right?
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.