Obama Progress 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
deik5

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:29 pm

I'm biased as an owner, but doesn't $5k pretty reasonable for PROGRESS given its place in history? ...the most famous political poster since Uncle Sam ...the defining face of the Obama campaign ...SF was well known, but this changed the trajectory even higher. Everyone knows Hope and Change...but it started with Progress. I'm never going to be a seller, but I might buy an extra one for my retirement plan! :rock:
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:47 am

:lol:
jamel-d
Art Freak

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:42 am

Hope>Progress.
Sure the Hope is a larger edition and an offset litho, but it’s the image that’s in the National Gallery.
deik5

Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:14 pm

Curious to what others think. My vote is Progress > Hope. Progress is where it all started...and same image. Hope is a much larger edition.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:32 pm

deik5 wrote:Curious to what others think. My vote is Progress > Hope. Progress is where it all started...and same image. Hope is a much larger edition.
I dug deep and bought Hope rather than Progess so you know where I come down. Hope is the caption that people remember, not Progress. I put the market values around the same.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Kimtche
Art Enthusiast

Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:15 am

deik5 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:14 pm
Curious to what others think. My vote is Progress > Hope. Progress is where it all started...and same image. Hope is a much larger edition.
Same. I went with Progress because it’s a one of a kind, limited screenprint, and an original Fairey. The colors are gorgeous. I have various Hope editions, but Progress as an art piece stands above Hope for me.