QOTSA Dublin 08 Hynes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ryan_1969

Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:16 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
ketstroxan wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:many others more deserving
piss off. you can't even define 'more deserving'. this print is stellar and well-deserving.
Make it personal numb nut- everybody got an opinion, and not everybody kisses every artist arse on here, there no need to.

Maybe for you "print techinian" types. "look at the detail.......", Im looking at the print and the general opinion from someone who cares less about QOTSA. Big black piece of paper, with a circle and broom.

2007 J.I.T.D by DCS blows this thing away......... I can name dozens more, in my sleep.

Quit being a artist drymounter- have you even seen this print in person? yea, thats what I thought
this print would kick your hippie ass.
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:33 pm

Congratulations Alan. Very well deserved. I can't wait to get this thing up.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:45 pm

It is a thing of beauty.....
sethalan1
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:45 pm

definately deserving. print looks fantastic in person.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:50 pm

relentlesskevin wrote:Glad to finally see this win the weekly award!
I agree, nice work.
ricv64
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:34 pm

evillittlegoat wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote: Maybe for you "print techinian" types. "look at the detail.......", Im looking at the print and the general opinion from someone who cares less about QOTSA. Big black piece of paper, with a circle and broom.

2007 J.I.T.D by DCS blows this thing away......... I can name dozens more, in my sleep.
There is a lot of Irish imagery in this. Maybe it doesnt translate well but it went down a storm with the locals. And anyone with any Irish in them Im sure.

JITD did win art of the week last year, it cant win every week!

Hynes is probaly more stoked about his hometown approval then getting POTW . I don't have one but seen it quite a bit , great poster
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
tavee
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:46 am

I'm listening to Queens right now: The Blood Is Love. Congrats Alan on another great image. One that captures the band and the venue. I'm certainly looking forward to the next one.

I'm still taking my time getting this framed as it will need to be special.
clem99
EB Team

Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:42 am

these 2 look alright hey :lol: bloody marvelous
art is the only justification for pain :)
Imatruck
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:43 am

anyone know if the unsigned copies are part of the run of 110? Just trying to get the true total run of this poster. Not sure if it is 110 s/n and then xx unsigned.

after getting this in person....it is one of my favorite posters in my whole collection. I have the green too......but the red one just kills it!
thesavageguy
Art Expert

Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:07 am

Tonight my wife was watching this show on NBC called Kath & Kim. I was half paying attention when I noticed this poster on the wall of the boyfriend in the show.

Not a bad choice if I do say so myself Mr Producer!
hynes
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:16 pm

thesavageguy wrote:Tonight my wife was watching this show on NBC called Kath & Kim. I was half paying attention when I noticed this poster on the wall of the boyfriend in the show.

Not a bad choice if I do say so myself Mr Producer!

Thanks for that - my wife just forwarded me this:Image

Apparently its been on on other network shows - either the Fringe or Terminator, im not sure which. Looks like NBC and FOX are sharing prop closets.
aahnutz
EB Team

Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:15 pm

Beautiful design. Even my Irish mother approves. :)
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:01 pm

I love this damn poster.
Well done in every aspect.