Vote! 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
kramer73
Art Expert

Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:04 am

my2hands wrote:from what i have seen...

the red/black peace bomber is his best work... not sure i really like anything else i have seen?
you haven't seen sunsets then
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:05 am

kramer73 wrote:

the red/black peace bomber is his best work... not sure i really like anything else i have seen?
or war by numbers or war is over or much of anything except last weeks release
110thStreet
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:47 am

edit: feck it...not worth it.
my2hands
Art Expert

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:00 pm

kramer73 wrote:

actually i have... not in person though....

it is a nice print... not sure if i would hang it in my living room though...
my2hands
Art Expert

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:03 pm

stuckeyc wrote:
and again, actually i have...

i am not a big fan of the war is over, maybe the hype comes from the led zep print? not a high one on my list... i like the concept, but not the actual print

now, war by numbers is a different story... i like that one and i think you can get away with hanging that one... and it is MUCH better then war is over in my opinion... but i still prefer the r/b peace bomber
Last edited by my2hands on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:55 pm

my2hands wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:
and again, actually i have...

i am not a bog fan of the war is over, maybe the ype comes from the led zep print? not a high ine on my list... i like the concept, but not the actual print

now, war by numbers is a different story... i like that one and i think you can get away with hanging that one... and it is MUCH better then war is over in my opinion... but i still prefer the r/b peace bomber
is your keyboard broken?

bog
ype
ine
Imatruck
Art Expert

Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:44 pm

OMG FAIREY IS USING BLUE!!!!
ipath2003
Art Expert

Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:21 pm

This print is not really that new he has already done this before just put VOTE on it. That peace bomber deff not one of his best. and i cant believe someone is already trin to sell it on ebay for only buy now $300.00 come on
sasquatch
Art Expert

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:39 pm

Shep is dead to me.
erne
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:54 pm

sasquatch wrote:Shep is dead to me.
After last week I have to agree....what a joke and disrespect to his customers. I wrote to Obey to state my opinion about the BS and here is the response I got (see below)....ummmm didn't really answer me....don't know what to say....seems these are all basically legit flippers...I mean dealers......hahahha...good luck with that

Hi,
We are working on implementing a better system, in the meantime we will be offering the prints at random times to try and offset the problem as it is. If you miss out on a print please contact these other vendors for less than ebay prices:
www.duckywaddles.com
www.toyroomgallery.com
www.icon-industries.com
www.arkitip.com
www.outeredgestudio.com
www.coolestshop.com

thank you,
Jaspr
MJBuck
Art Expert

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Jaspr is nice enough and it's not her fault the system is so flawed. I read that they were moving to a post script so no more inserting links.... :? (think Slater's store)

the field may level out again, but I'm sure people will start running their own scripts to get around the new system.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
erne
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:24 pm

Really no disrespect to Jaspr he has always been as helpful as possible but this situation just really burned me and I just hoped for a better response this time. As I was basically called a nonfan flipper and you are banned...wtf...I never used the method before and have yet to sell any of my Obey prints. Time to let it go I guess....
ldiddy
Art Expert

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:47 pm

This print sux. That's my write in vote.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Am I wrong or have all of the prints of the week lately been art prints vs. gig posters? Where are all of the awesome gig posters?
This time last year the board was on fire about Emek's Decemberists poster.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:58 pm

sasquatch wrote:Am I wrong or have all of the prints of the week lately been art prints vs. gig posters? Where are all of the awesome gig posters?
This time last year the board was on fire about Emek's Decemberists poster.
It'd be nice to see two separate awards for the two, but it has been a busy week for art-prints. I don't know if that's good or bad, I'm sure gig posters will have another good run soon.
Last edited by ryefish75 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.