Tool Berlin 01 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:04 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Tool Berlin 01 EMEK

KyleC.
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 15, 2005 7:10 pm

Awesome piece!

Recently purchased.
The colors and detail allow you to look at it for hours.
CaptainChunk
Art Enthusiast

Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:07 pm

simply the best. Is the 21''x31'' size listed apply to just the image area or does it include the white border?
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:23 pm

Never got around to posting this but Emek showed me a stack of this Tool image, in a myriad of colors, on metal. Much smaller than the poster size.
Probably 20-30 metal-prints.
Done with the same process JvH uses for his images on his metal "products".
Saw them late last year.
Gorgeous.
Expensive.
morst
EB Team

Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:25 pm

CaptainChunk wrote:simply the best. Is the 21''x31'' size listed apply to just the image area or does it include the white border?
Normally, the listed dimensions on EB are for the overall size. I don't know the specifics for this one though. Maybe someone can pipe up with the exact info? 8)
jojobadass
Art God

Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:12 pm

morst wrote:
CaptainChunk wrote:simply the best. Is the 21''x31'' size listed apply to just the image area or does it include the white border?
Normally, the listed dimensions on EB are for the overall size. I don't know the specifics for this one though. Maybe someone can pipe up with the exact info? 8)

the original Tool is 32" x 21.75" :D

The metal plates are a new thing I think......never seen one.
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:37 pm

Emek showed me the entire stack of Tool metal-prints last October '05.

I only posted this remembrance because I saw a new metal-print of Emek's '95 Black Crowes poster and it made me think of the Tool metal-prints.
I saw the BC metal-print last week, looked almost poster sized but can't say for sure because I only gave it a glance.

Rumor has it there are more metal-prints coming ...

JvH has been selling metal-prints of his '60's poster images for years. At astronomical prices. Both JvH and Emek have had tables at many of the same shows around here for years. Hard to miss JvH's tables.

Emek mentioned he's using the same process.
mono_666
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:51 am

wandering-gypsy wrote:Emek showed me the entire stack of Tool metal-prints last October '05.

I only posted this remembrance because I saw a new metal-print of Emek's '95 Black Crowes poster and it made me think of the Tool metal-prints.
I saw the BC metal-print last week, looked almost poster sized but can't say for sure because I only gave it a glance.

JvH has been selling metal-prints of his '60's poster images for years. At astronomical prices. Both JvH and Emek have had tables at many of the same shows around here for years. Hard to miss JvH's tables.

how does one obtain these "metal prints"
coxgt
Art Expert

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:31 pm

mono_666 wrote:
wandering-gypsy wrote:Emek showed me the entire stack of Tool metal-prints last October '05.

how does one obtain these "metal prints"
If I had money burning a hole in my pocket I'd try to contact the man himself and let him know you are serious with mucho dinero. :wink:
rgardjr
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:42 pm

How about this one done on the back of a business card with a laser:
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:22 pm

As of three weeks ago, Black Crowes on Metal is in the Window of Off the Wall on Haight.

Amazing. Breathtaking. If the Tool metal is anything like it, it's worth it and then some.
aahnutz
EB Team

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:21 pm

Now a black/white sticker for EMEK Studios, Inc. :D
grande_mono
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:35 pm

aahnutz wrote:Now a black/white sticker for EMEK Studios, Inc. :D
Awesome!

I'm loving these new stickers. Now I just need a poster to actually be available on emek's site so I can get me some :lol:
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:57 pm

obvious shill bidder on this on ebay......I like the new private auction format. Check out the stats on ebay bidder #7.
Flimby

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:06 pm

jojobadass wrote:obvious shill bidder on this on ebay......I like the new private auction format. Check out the stats on ebay bidder #7.
good call.
the new format looked weird to me at first, but it is actually better imo.