Halloween 15 Edmiston

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:24 am

All I'm hearing is "blame Canada."
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:34 am

jkw3000 wrote:All I'm hearing is "blame Canada."
mppang
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:49 am

alittle wrote:
mppang wrote:I support Jason and to be honest, he could've made the price a lot higher. With US funds converted to Canadian dollars, the $150 USD variant is only $113 CAD. So please stop it with the "Oh, Jason is flipping his own prints." Ridiculous fudge.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-conve ... t=113.9558
WAT
I screwed up my calculation and I had put $150 Canadian dollars.

So $150 US dollars is really close to $200 Canadian dollars.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:53 am

alittle wrote:
mppang wrote:I support Jason and to be honest, he could've made the price a lot higher. With US funds converted to Canadian dollars, the $150 USD variant is only $113 CAD. So please stop it with the "Oh, Jason is flipping his own prints." Ridiculous fudge.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-conve ... t=113.9558
WAT
This is gold! Really! I almost laughed out loud and woke everyone up in the house. Thank you, mppang! For real though, I understand fudge happens and people get confused. This was really funny though (at least for me here in Canada).

Nothing is wrong with prices, IMHO. Hope all those who complain will pass; better yet, do not even try going for it - less cart hoarding. If I were Jason, I would price the fudge at $150 and $200 at least. It would sell regardless of what the price is, as long as it's reasonable. The flippers would have to figure it later. His art is ALWAYS on top! The dude is a beast and great to deal with! :pint:
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:56 am

mppang wrote:I screwed up my calculation and I had put $150 Canadian dollars.

fudge happens, man. But it was funny :lol:
Now not only it costs a fudge load of money to ship something out of Canada, but we are also being drymounted with the exchange rate (when buy, anyway) :cry:
mppang
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:26 am

bubbie wrote:
mppang wrote:I screwed up my calculation and I had put $150 Canadian dollars.

fudge happens, man. But it was funny :lol:
Now not only it costs a fudge load of money to ship something out of Canada, but we are also being drymounted with the exchange rate (when buy, anyway) :cry:
Haha, yeah, and I studied abroad in Canada a few years ago. From my perspective, I have no idea why I didn't catch the exchange rate flub. :oops:

But yeah, to end it all, prices are fair and even if people don't agree with the prices, both will still sell out on his store.
Solar
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:25 am

This dude has a lot of confidence in his bot

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291602177018?it ... rmvSB=true
westb59
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:52 am

What's everyone's obsession with this print? His TCM blows this one out of the water and you can buy that on the cheap.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:03 pm

westb59 wrote:What's everyone's obsession with this print? His TCM blows this one out of the water and you can buy that on the cheap.
People like Halloween...?
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:10 pm

westb59 wrote:What's everyone's obsession with this print? His TCM blows this one out of the water and you can buy that on the cheap.
They are different films so there's that. Both are terrifying though. Also Halloween > TCM.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
westb59
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:18 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
They are different films so there's that. Both are terrifying though. Also Halloween > TCM.
Yes they are 2 different films agreed. I'm just saying that his TCM print was fantastic and no hype and this one is just ok and getting all hype. I guess there is just more Myers fans.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:22 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Hmmm...no. Not really. I prefer this print to his TMC though.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:24 pm

whiskaz wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
Hmmm...no. Not really. I prefer this print to his TMC though.
Not really to which part? Not that it matters though because you're wrong :P
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Solar
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:11 pm

westb59 wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
Yes they are 2 different films agreed. I'm just saying that his TCM print was fantastic and no hype and this one is just ok and getting all hype. I guess there is just more Myers fans.
That's like asking why Stout's Attack the Block gets less love than Age of Ultron.
thefiend5
Art Expert

Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:31 pm

LOL well