The Lord Of The Rings: Good 15 Jaccob

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:05 pm

If I thought it'd do any good, I'd list mine FS hoping for a refund. An utter train wreck from start to finish. It actually got uncomfortable numerous times. Obviously we should all honor our commitment but I have no idea what I'll do with 4 prints. Regs and variants. The commish did everything in his power to salvage this project but the truth is the artist is impossible to work with and clearly not very talented. Word will spread fast if it hasn't already. We shouldn't be seeing anymore private commissions from this guy. I was hoping to avoid a bash session, fighting it off since the first was added to the database but no one should have to suffer through this and I'd be doing the good folk around here a disservice by not telling you what a nightmare this was.
ISO an avatar
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:10 pm

kyler4444 wrote: :pint: :clap:
Last edited by biscocrack420 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Celsius
Flipper

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:10 pm

FinalKickstand wrote:If I thought it'd do any good, I'd list mine FS hoping for a refund. An utter train wreck from start to finish. It actually got uncomfortable numerous times. Obviously we should all honor our commitment but I have no idea what I'll do with 4 prints. Regs and variants. The commish did everything in his power to salvage this project but the truth is the artist is impossible to work with and clearly not very talented. Word will spread fast if it hasn't already. We shouldn't be seeing anymore private commissions from this guy. I was hoping to avoid a bash session, fighting it off since the first was added to the database but no one should have to suffer through this and I'd be doing the good folk around here a disservice by not telling you what a nightmare this was.
You guys can choose to not print it though right?
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:14 pm

There were grumblings of refund threats awhile back but the idea of the images being salvaged kept those demands in check. Now I just think it's a defeated feeling. It is for me anyways. I honestly don't even know who's been paid but we've all paid in full. I try to avoid the group updates. The most I've spent on a commission btw and I'm in a lot.
ISO an avatar
jeffreyjonesbsme
Art Expert

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:15 pm

TheGreatGazoo wrote:Do you want to hire me to do poster for the Hobbit movies? I can do better than this.
Sure. Post a sketch here so we can all see.
Most of what you read on the internet is not true....signed Abraham Lincoln
jeter0204
Art Expert

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:24 pm

FinalKickstand wrote:There were grumblings of refund threats awhile back but the idea of the images being salvaged kept those demands in check. Now I just think it's a defeated feeling. It is for me anyways. I honestly don't even know who's been paid but we've all paid in full. I try to avoid the group updates. The most I've spent on a commission btw and I'm in a lot.
How much did ya'll have to invest for the set? This is brutal
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:29 pm

RambosRemodeler's being awfully tame. This is the kind of fudge he lives for.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:31 pm

Like $210 for good & evil regs and variants. 4 prints total. Somewhere around there. It's one of the first commissions I joined. Started awhile ago so the memory is fuzzy. I'm pretty sure at one point in time after an initial sketch I was excited about this project? Like I said... :wink:
ISO an avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:35 pm

TBH D my initial thought was wtf then I thought it looked like the cast of LOTR invaded the set of the sound of music. I can't imagine anyone is happy with this and the commissioner should have put a stop to this.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Celsius
Flipper

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:37 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:TBH D my initial thought was wtf then I thought it looked like the cast of LOTR invaded the set of the sound of music. I can't imagine anyone is happy with this and the commissioner should have put a stop to this.
That's the thing. If no one is happy with it, why are you guys paying to have it printed? Just gather all the leftover money and refund everyone their share of the printing. At the very least you can cut your losses.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:39 pm

"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
wottagunn
Art Expert

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:43 pm

flat out one of the worst images ive seen in my life. I thought the "evil" one was bad, but drymount me this takes the cake.
stuarthimsley
Art Expert

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:45 pm

jeffreyjonesbsme wrote:
TheGreatGazoo wrote:Do you want to hire me to do poster for the Hobbit movies? I can do better than this.
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:46 pm

No one has really voiced displeasure in awhile, myself included. Once the artist was added to the group it got weird. Attacks started early but were put to an end quickly and after that it felt like coddling. Def awkward but I'm in so many good ones I chalked it up to an expected poor one awhile ago and moved on, personally.
ISO an avatar
TheGreatGazoo
Art Enthusiast

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:55 pm

stuarthimsley wrote:
jeffreyjonesbsme wrote: