Interstellar 15 Eng

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
dylanosaur
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:21 am

The original script (first hit on google) is a great read. No tesseract and so many more wormholes. Highly reccomend it.
irishlastname
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:49 pm

jrsheppa wrote:Seriously, its not like these prints flip for big money. If anything, PPCC has done you a favor in that the print has been created and you don't have to wait or try to organize the commission. These should be pretty readily acquirable. So don't fret.
Seriously, some of the Eng commissions are reselling at or even below what they cost to the members, it's not hard to get one of these for cost. From what I've seen in that group is everyone suggests what they would love to see Eng do, not what will flip.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:13 pm

irishlastname wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:Seriously, its not like these prints flip for big money. If anything, PPCC has done you a favor in that the print has been created and you don't have to wait or try to organize the commission. These should be pretty readily acquirable. So don't fret.
Seriously, some of the Eng commissions are reselling at or even below what they cost to the members, it's not hard to get one of these for cost. From what I've seen in that group is everyone suggests what they would love to see Eng do, not what will flip.
Accurate statement. Working on what we want, not what would be the best flip.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
automator
Nobody

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:58 pm

New image Interstellar 15 Eng

automator
Nobody

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:58 pm

New image Interstellar 15 Eng - Detail

fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:53 am

Eng created a rad poster for Interstellar with its depiction of the awe-inspiring tesseract sequence.

Currently at the Met Breuer (the old Whitney Museum on Madison) is a retrospective exhibition devoted to the Brazilian artist Lygia Pape (1927-2004). She worked in various media with an emphasis on geometric abstraction.

One work was particularly fascinating—Tteias, an installation first realized in 1978 and exhibited subsequently around the world—because for me it evoked the sublime spatio-temporal distortions configured in Interstellar's cinematic effects and Eng's design (the variant especially). In a large darkened room, Tteias is composed of floor-to-ceiling columns of gold metallic thread, dramatically lit, that glow in angular shafts of luminous light that divide and bisect the space.

In that space of precisely organized patterns of light, the tesseract comes to mind, and one might with a little imagination be transported into the unknown...

IMG_1910.JPG
IMG_1909.JPG
IMG_1908.JPG